3,959 results
All reviews chelsea market meatpacking district bodega negra electric room dream team rooftop club the meat packing district new york trendy hotel fun hotel the high line night life lobby bar guest services amazing hotel view of the empire state building king room
Reviewed 16 September 2018 via mobile

Stayed at the DD hotel for 3 nights before and after the 4th of July 2018. We were first greeted after a 14 hour flight by a queue to get in to the lobby which doubles as the entrance for a nightclub (not kidding). Lots of heavily done up young girls and men walking around, incredibly loud and intoxicated. The reception staff were nice however got a call from American Express shortly after checking in to confirm at charge of US$ 10,000 to my card from the hotel, no wonder the reception staff were so nice.

Quickly rushed downstairs and informed them of their error (overcharging $7000 to my card) to which they didn’t initially oblige and after some debating finally agreed to pay the price that we booked at. F**king ridiculous. Further, the bond/incidentals charge is $2000 (they charged me twice - thanks) which is absolutely pathetic.

Returned to the room - terrible water pressure, TV doesn’t work and there is a consistent barrage of noise coming from my neighbors, a girl celebrating her 21st. Little did I realise, this would set the tone for my entire stay - exhaustively, both metaphorically and literally.

Next thing I became aware, the pool may as well not exist. Always INCREDIBLY crowded and somehow people manage to reserve the pool chairs even though there is a policy of no reservations - funny that.

Fire alarm went off twice during my stay, once at midnight and another at 3am one morning. The lifts weren’t working for part of my stay and so the security guards were polite enough to inform me that the only remaining lift that works is for the night club - you’ll be taking the stairs pal.

There was vomit in the hallway that had been half cleaned up for the duration of my stay. In fact, I believe that if I returned this instant that vomit would still be there. Potentially even more.

In conclusion, the hotel is for partygoers and holds itself out as a trendy, chic and nice place to stay. This is completely misleading. Regret my stay and would advise others to consider other options, particularly if they want to sleep at all.

Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Ryan G
JaneDreamDowntown, Director of Rooms at Dream Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2018

Dear Ryan G,

I was so saddened to read about your experience. I have reached out to you through private message in hope of connect with you.

Reviewed 14 September 2018 via mobile

Nice ,Very friendly Hotel at a great location Meatpacking and Chelsea . Small but smart Fancy rooms and we dont miss anything. The friendly lovely staff make us feel welcome. The location close to bars and restaurants is worth the price.

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Lundinfam

Dear Lundinfam,

We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us! Thank you kindly for highlighting our team. I will be sure to pass on your kind feedback. Please let us know if we can of any assistance at all as we look forward to welcoming you back to Dream Downtown!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 13 September 2018

Building and rooms are nice. Unfortunately, it's impossible to sleep on the lower floors due to loud music in the building going late into the night. Was unable to find any workable solution with the staff.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
3  Thank Nicholas6767

Dear Nicholas6767,

I have reached out to you via private message in hopes of connecting with you about your stay.

Best,

Reviewed 12 September 2018 via mobile

I wanted to be in the Chelsea area! Bingo. Outside of hotel is discrete, they had road works in front. Walking to the reception was amazing! The whole atmosphere is magic, the rooms very bright and not huge but very well organized.
Two minutes walk from Chelsea Market, 3 from trains to Midtown. A gem!

I will definitely recommend this hotel and go there again...

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo

Dear Chantal S,

Thank you so much for the lovely review and recommendation. We are so glad you enjoyed our location in the heart of Chelsea and all that our property has to offer. We hope you will visit us again soon. Kindly let me know if I can ever assist with anything at all!

Best,

Reviewed 5 September 2018 via mobile

Be young be carefree and be upbeat come stay here.
Round windows , soft beds and wonderful pilows.
The rooms are a good size for NYC, don't expect large , it's compact !
Staff are attentive and helpful. A hairdresser downstairs and lots of restaurants around.
The pool on the 2nd floor is Ibiza meets st Tropez in NYC. Young frivolous crown with pink flamingos .
Rooftop is awesome and chilled. So yes chill out and relax it is rather dreamy.

Trip type: Travelled on business

Dear Sorayadn S,

Thank you so much for the lovely review. We are so glad you enjoyed your stay. We will be sure to share your kind feedback with our team and couldn't agree more about the pool. Fun fact: our pool is open all year round and heated to about 80 degrees! We look forward to welcoming you back to Dream Downtown. Please don't hesitate to reach out to me if you have any questions or need anything at all.

Kindest Regards,