Menno House
Hotel Edison Times Square(New York City)
US$240
US$159
  • Fitness centre
Royalton Park Avenue(New York City)
US$409
US$360
  • Pool
The New Yorker A Wyndham Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$206
US$178
  • Room Service
Row NYC Hotel(New York City)
US$202
US$169
  • Bar/Lounge
The Westin New York Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$307
US$274
  • Room Service
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$327
US$283
Orbitz.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Fitzpatrick Manhattan Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$216
  • Room Service
Fitzpatrick Grand Central(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$280
US$227
Agoda.com
  • Room Service
The Lexington Hotel, Autograph Collection(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$262
US$207
  • Bar/Lounge
Archer Hotel New York(New York City)
US$290
US$256
Agoda.com
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 7 April 2017

It's basic but nice, like an old-style British B&B. Modern bathroom is shared with the two other guestrooms and is located downstairs (steep Victorian stairs.) Comfy bed, little desk, closet and shelves. (My room had a loft but i didn't need it so I didn't climb up to look at it.) Just what I needed for my two busy days in NYC. I will definitely check here for other NYC overnights.

• Stayed: March 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank KFH444
Reviewed 1 April 2016

I've stayed here often and love it. This is authentic living in a great location in NYC. You have everything you need - bed, Internet, towels -- without any unnecessary frills and no corporate management. You deal directly with the person in charge of the place. If I'm going to NYC I always check whether this place has a free room. My only concern, writing this review, is that it will become too popular and I'll have trouble getting a room in the future.

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Daniel C
Reviewed 3 February 2016

This is a 19th century townhouse which has been owned since the 1950's by the Mennonites. It has a fascinating history, check their website, and currently houses MCC volunteers and other young people working for non-profits in the city. They have three guest rooms of which we have only seen one. Bare-bones and cheap; I shouldn't even be telling you about it as it could become too busy to get a space. But I trust that som folks may not be interested if they are seeking luxury.

The guest rooms are on the 2nd floor which one would call the first floor if they used the front steps and front door. This is shared space! The three guest rooms are basic and adequate. they share one full bathroom which is located on the garden level i.e. downstairs. The garden level is also the living space for those who live there. It is a nicely done with a kitchen dining room, and living room with TV. All of these are huge by Manhattan standards. Guests have full use of these facilities. It's a great way to meet the young people living there and to relax given the sparse nature of the rooms.

We chose it because we love using Air B&B and meeting people; this experience is similar. And, as long as we have a clean bed and bathroom housing is the last place we want to spend money here or abroad! This meant all our requirements. ]

It is very well situated in Grammercy Park, E 19th St. just about six blocks from the Union Station subway hub. It worked for for us. Sshhh. Don't tell too many others!

Room Tip: Trust Jason the Manager. it is first come-first served, only three rooms.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled with friends
1  Thank zullsandraf
Reviewed 27 December 2015

Definitely not luxury in any way! We squeezed 5 people in a room with a loft and it was very tight. The room had one queen bed and upstairs loft had two single beds with mattress and box spring, but had to hunch over and no room for anything else up there. Steps are narrow and steep climbing up. Shared bathroom lower level - clean and sufficient. Later, we found there was another room with a loft, twice as big, but it had been requested in advance. Communication was excellent as was location for our groups needs.

Stayed: December 2015
1  Thank Paula S
Reviewed 11 September 2015 via mobile

My husband and I spent 5 nights here during our trip to New York and it was great. Definitely nothing fancy, just the basics but really in New York that's all you need! Spent very little time here aside from sleeping, but had great sleeps with air conditioning. Manager was very accommodating with our delayed arrival due to flight issues. Would recommended to others. Great affordable option for those looking for the basics! Neighbourhood felt safe, short 10 min walk to Union Square subway station which can get you anywhere in New York!

Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple