“Rolling Stones Time Travel”
Review of Discovery Times Square - CLOSED

Discovery Times Square
More attraction details
Owner description: Welcome to Discovery Times Square (Discovery TS) where extraordinary exhibits and unforgettable experiences come to life in our exciting, vibrant space for entertainment, learning and adventure.New York has always been something of a stage - a showcase for debuts and second acts. And so it is fitting that in the vast space that once housed The New York Times printing presses, Discovery Times Square now offers headlines of a different, but equally compelling sort.From the icy waters of the Titanic's final resting place to genius mind of Da Vinci and the riches of King Tut, Discovery is proud to celebrate the world with the world class exhibits of the new Discovery Times Square.Discovery TS also features two exclusive retail experiences — The Discovery Store featuring the latest in games, dvds and other products from the #1 nonfiction company in the world, Discovery Channel, and The New York Times Store with a wide range of exclusive items perfect for the newspaper enthusiast or history buff.
Reviewed 27 February 2017

We visited the Rolling Stones exhibit this past weekend and were transported back in time. First of all the Discovery Zone is not in Times Square any longer. It is now located on West 12th Street in the Village. As a baby boomer growing up in the 60's and 70's, this exhibit brought back great memories. The exhibit takes you from the Stone's beginnings in England to the present day. On display are recreations of early apartments where the Stones lived, recording studios and other personal items. Also displayed are master tapes, costumes, instruments, posters, Andy Warhol paintings, and of course the iconic Rolling Stones tongue. At the conclusion, you are given 3 D glasses and attend a Stones concert. It is well worth the visit.

1  Thank arubaphil

Reviewed 16 February 2017 via mobile

This was my first thing I did upon my arrival & I wasn't disappointed. As a huge fan of Star Wars I had to come here. Not many people around so I was able to get some great photos & wander around freely. The gift shop was small & a little pricey but I still bought a Chewbacca bobble head. It's a shame it is now closed as I hoped they might have a Rogue One exhibition that I would of visited when I'm back in NYC in a couple of weeks.

Reviewed 24 January 2017 via mobile

The only positive I can find from our trip here is that we didn't have to pay for our tickets as we had New York Passes. I noted as we went in how expensive the tickets usually are so I was expecting something fairly good.
I was wrong.
That is an hour of my life I'll never get back.
My daughter and I went to the "bodies" exhibit and my husband and son went to the "Star Wars" one.
Bodies was fascinating to look at for the first 3 or 4 bodies but after that it was just more and more and more of the same.
The boys weren't much more impressed with the Star Wars exhibit. The words "never again" were used.
There really is much better things to do with your time in New York than to visit this place.

2  Thank T1222MHsamanthas
Reviewed 11 January 2017

I got tickets for the Star Wars and the Power of Costume Exhibition last August and I thought they were a bit expensive but after seeing the exhibit I realized it was worth it. It was amazing. The place seems to be small from the outside but it's actually huge.

See more reviews
Reviewed 31 December 2016

First off, the Discovery Times Square is now down in the West Village. Once we found it, the Rolling Stones Exhibit was worth the trip downtown. The exhibit has instruments, recording notes, costumes, short videos and some interactive activities. There were models of their stages from a number of their tours. There was a short film about the various films featuring the Stones. Be aware there is some nudity in the film and exhibit. Part of the exhibit focuses on the album covers and where Stones' logo originated.
The focus is on the music not their personal lives.