All reviews the high line platform bed gallery district rooftop bar la piscine west chelsea new york modern design light switches bath products west side recommend staying here boutique hotel enjoyed my stay highline zaha nyc
Reviewed 21 August 2018

I sort of felt like I was staying at a upscale youth hostel. The mattress was on the floor and all of the furniture in the room was very low to the ground and super hipster (meaning not very comfortable, but I am sure lots of selfies are taken in the room). The room was in a great location to get to Javitts for the NY now trade show but the street in front of the hotel is very loud and there was construction so bright and early there is lots of noise in the morning. The staff of the hotel was very kind and helpful.

Date of stay: August 2018
1  Thank rbohlin
Kevin F, General Manager at Hotel Americano, responded to this reviewResponded 5 September 2018

Rbohlin,
Thanks so much for choosing us while you visited NYC. We are sorry that our decor was not to your liking. We are in an area where there is occasionally construction noise as Hudson Yards is rising by the day. We appreciate your kind words about the team and want to thank you for reviewing us.

Reviewed 20 August 2018

Found this hotel a couple of years ago via SPG. I stay here on business as my office is a short walk down the High Line walkway (~1/2 mile) and Hotel Americano is less than a block from a High Line stairway.Clean, super modern, minimal, this place is everything I love about traveling.Bring ear plugs and an eye mask as it can be typically "New York noisy".

Date of stay: August 2018
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Kevin F, General Manager at Hotel Americano, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2018

KonradR365,
Thanks for choosing us. We appreciate your kind words. so glad you like our location and our property. Walking down the Highline to work sounds like a great way to start the day! Can't wait to have you back!

Reviewed 7 August 2018

Stayed for two nights on a business trip. Very clean with a friendly staff and a nice bar atmosphere in the lobby. Would definitely stay here again. Bed was very comfortable with a beautiful view of New York.

Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Kevin F, General Manager at Hotel Americano, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2018

Jcarpenter250,
We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed our property. Our business customers are very important to us and to hear that you slept well is the ultimate compliment. Please come back when you have business in our area!

Reviewed 7 August 2018

LOCATION was excellent - in Chelsea very near the High Line, and relatively quiet. It will be even better once construction is finished on the three or four properties being build/renovated opposite the hotel, which can make a hellacious racket during the day, which is no fault of the hotel. It's a bit out of the way of Subway stations. ROOM: the room was small, and I can see it being divisive for people. The bed is on the floor, and while it was the most comfortable bed I've ever slept in (both the mattress and bedding and pillows), it was very annoying to have to crawl out of bed. This wasn't helped by an insanely low large lamp being suspended over part of the bed, which I headbutted a few times (unintentionally). The bathroom had a very small sink and shelf, which others have noted. I still think the room was worth it for the location and for the price, if you can manage to snag one of their offers, as long as you know going in about the quirks.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

493KevinH,
Thanks so much for your review. We are so happy that you liked our decor as we have some differences from other hotels. Progress in Hudson Yards is in full affect with construction but it is still a quiet area at night. We are so glad that you found our property worth the money. Please come back soon!

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

I was in NYC for 3 day. I have been in almost all of the hotels from habita group so I know the quality of the service. I was surprised for the bad comments of guests but even though I booked! Actually one of the big reasons why I wanted to stay here was the amazing swimming pool they have at the roof. The first day we arrived they told us it closes at 4 pm (in Summer time? Really?) the next day we had a busy day, but today with this amazing day I wanted to go and the answer was “it is closed due to a private event”. All the comments are right! It all way because of a “private event”. The price of the hotel it is not low. I was expecting at least a discount in my fee. Very bad! Not coming here or in any Habita Hotels any more!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank onkokido
Kevin F, General Manager at Hotel Americano, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2018

Onkokid,
Thanks so much for your feedback. Our pool is typically open from 9am-4pm on weekdays or 11am-4pm on weekends. We close at 4 to prep for the rooftop opening for nighttime activities at 5pm. Additionally we are sometimes closed for private events. Thank you so much for coming and we hope to see you again soon.