“Vegan restaurant heaven”

Ranked #183 of 14,717 Restaurants in New York City
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Upper West Side
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Couldn't choose just one thing and so the both of us chose about 6 instead! So worth tasting many dishes, the flavors are great.
I'd recommend the dumplings, the desserts, and their brunch menu :)

Reviewed 26 December 2017

I don't know why I don't love this place- the service is great, the menu is awesome, nice and clean- I just think the food is never awesome. It's good and reliable but that's it.

Reviewed 25 December 2017 via mobile

Take my word for it! Go have the chickpea fries. They are so delicious! And the bakery has a huge assortment of vegan desserts. Fun atmosphere.

1  Thank Drew K
Reviewed 17 December 2017

This place is a highlight of every visit we make to NY. It is the only NY restaurant we have found that seems to get the perfect mix of food quality, atmosphere and service. All at a very reasonable price

1  Thank tony&marilyn
Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

Earlier this week after going to the Hayden Planetarium for an evening show, we walked over to the Peacefood Cafe, guessing that we might not be able to get a table but they had a great table by their window and settled in for a delightful late night dinner. We started with outstanding steamed dumplings and then we each ordered delicious main courses! My wife had surprisingly tasty vegan crab cakes and I had the “Peace Bowl” with a choice of three roasted or sautéed vegetables. I chose pumpkin squash, cauliflower and Brussel sprouts served with brown rice and a ginger scallion sauce!

We sat and chatted until they were close to closing their doors for the night and all I could think about was what I’d like to order the next time we come back!

1  Thank Arthur G