“No better way to see New York” 5 of 5 bubbles

US$99.00*
and up
High Line Park and Greenwich Village Food Tour
More attraction details
Owner description: Check out our website for specials and discounts. 8 people or less Guaranteed! Our tours are like having a friend in NYC showing you around their neighborhood. You call, we listen, and then suggest the perfect day for you in the most interesting neighborhoods: Greenwich Village, Chinatown, Times Square and many more, sampling the best foods the City has to offer. This is nothing like a bus tour; it's a personal experience where the history is part of the tour, but the behind-the-scenes stories are part of us.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reading, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“No better way to see New York”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2012

This was our first time in New York as a family and we wanted to see as much as possible in a short time. We would never have found these places on our own and thoroughly enjoyed every minute. Alex was really easy company, we forgot we were on a tour.
Will definitely take in a a MWTour on our next trip just hope its not too long before we are back.

3 Thank 798Catherine_S

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 51 helpful votes
“Fantastic way to discover Manhattan !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 January 2012

I joined the scheduled Times Square and the Greenwich Village tour, Alex was our guide. Alex was awesome, his enthusiasm for the city, it's history, food and people is infectious. With is friendly persona the tour felt like we were hanging out with friends. There were three of us on the tour besides Alex...we all finished the day with big smiles and full stomachs very thankful for such a great day!

5 Thank Lostinasia123
Adelaide
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“The best way to get started in this magnificent city”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2012

Gary was our tour guide and was the perfect New Yorker who made our experience fun and informative. The style of individualised tour was fantastic. So much nicer than the goat herding tours we saw on our travels. Gary listened to what we wanted to achieve and took us on a tour that captured the history, stories and intrigue of various areas of the city whilst stopping for food experiences that we would have certainly missed if not for Gary.
We quckly booked a second tour and would like to have done more but ran out of time. We would highly recommend you contact Gary for a tour, he is great at communication and will get straight back to you and keep you informed every step of the way. He is professional but feels more like a friend. He was great when we came across a rather aggressive 'new york nutter' and we felt safe as he handled the situation. he got us on the subway for the first time and made sure we got back safely.
If you want a fun way to learn a little about this city if you are a first time visitor or even a local Gary will have something to teach you.
A New York walking tour will be an absolute must on my next visit to the big apple.
Thanks Gary

3 Thank boltonsrus
Williamsburg, New York, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Wish the tour guide could lead me through the rest of my life (not kidding)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2012

I consider myself to generally know my way around this great city since I have lived here for about 3 years and been forced to travel up, down, and around the far corners of Manhattan to consult clients for my day job, show past visitors around, and satisfy my own personal curiosity. Never did I think of taking a tour, that's just something I thought tourists did and people that relocate figure things out on their own. Thanks to our tour guide, Alex, my perspective has forever changed. My cousin, from the scenic Northwest coast, was passing through NYC the other weekend. I had only a few hours to show him why so many of us subject ourselves to such an obscenely high cost of living only to struggle in a shoebox of an apartment in an overcrowded neighborhood with garbage lined streets. To help portray my point of view, I booked the Greenwich Village food tour. Our guide took us in and around the streets of the village, periodically stopping to show us its gems and sample some of the delicious flavors it had to offer. I must say, I was thoroughly impressed on how knowledgeable the guide was on the neighborhood’s past, architecture, and the variety of little hot spots I had no idea existed. I stay in the village from time to time but up until the day of the tour, was unaware of the rich history that had transpired on my street and in the surrounding establishments. What guide Alex said will resonate with me for the remainder of my duration in New York (at the very least), “You can walk by all these places a hundred times and never know what you’re missing”. And that was indeed the truth. He pointed out an epic old school Italian sandwich place on the block I typically pass by walking my dog, informed me of the eventful timeline the landmarked bar across street from my apartment endured, and recommended a Brooklyn BBQ joint for dinner that changed my life. I was with a small intimate group of 4 that spanned the ages of 20 to 50. The group moved at its own pace (no waiting for the rest of a crowd to catch up), got all our questions answered, and had an utterly amazing time. Needless to say, my cousin closed the tour with another memorable quote, “Yeah, I could see myself moving here”.

4 Thank Tom S
Wake Forest, North Carolina, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Best Tour in NY!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2012

My husband and I visited NY in early December for our anniversary. I have been to NY before, but this was hubby's first time so I wanted to take a tour that would show him a lot of the city. My parents had recently visited the city and took a tour with Manhattan Walking Tours, their guide was Alex. They couldn't stop raving about it so when it was time to plan our trip I emailed them to set something up. Garry promptly responded and recommended a combination of three tours since we wanted see so much. We booked the Times Square, Greenwich Village,and Wall Street tour. We didn't mind going with a few others so we booked with the group tour.

We managed to get ourselves turned around on our way to the meet up spot so we were flustered and a bit late when we arrived. When we got to the Visitors Center we met up with Garry and he was so friendly! He had already finished up the first talk in the center, but he distracted the other two in our group and quickly caught us up. He didn't have to do this, but we really appreciated it. We even got to fill out a wish on the New Years confetti.

Our group was just us and two girls and Garry. The girls only booked Times Square so we ended up with a private tour for the next two areas. The Times Square portion of the tour was very entertaining. He walked us through a lot of the history and was very colorful. One thing about Garry is he is truly passionate about this city and his love of it shows. He is exactly what I picture as a true New Yorker. He is awesome and hilarious. This is one of the reasons his tour is so good. The Times Square tour ended at Dean and Deluca. To be honest, I would have been happy just stopping here for coffee only. The food was good, but filled me up. I wasn't able to eat at all of the later stops because I ate too much here. If you take multiple tours in a row come hungry!

When we moved on to Greenwich Village his second love became very obvious, FOOD! Garry took us to many fabulous food stops. We tried everything from chocolate, to biscotti, pizza, rice balls, egg cream, and mozzarella balls. He was going to take us to get his favorite hot dog, but we just couldn't fit anymore in! I do wish I would've tried it though. We saw areas in the Village and Wall Street that I have hot seen before and learned a lot about the areas.

When the tour wrapped up we took the subway back to our hotel area. He showed us how the subway worked and helped us get comfortable which is the first time I was in the 6 times I have been here. We road easily for the next two days of our trip.

Overall this was the best thing I have done since first coming to NY. Garry is awesome and makes you feel as if you have a new friend. On a side note we also took another food tour on Saturday with City Food Tours. We couldn't stop comparing it to Garry's tour. It didn't come close to our experience with Garry!

Visited December 2011