7,150 results
All reviews the red flame diner gaby restaurant new york times square chrysler building separate shower room service turn down service fifth avenue bryant park late check grand central station luxury hotel high floor bottle of champagne quiet street hotel restaurant
Reviewed 24 October 2017

Sofitel is an unpredictable brand. I've stayed in 5 Sofitel properties and some of them are truly 5*... this one isn't. Checking in, my room reservation was not right - I had booked a "luxury room" and was given a very small room, with a view into a light well... on questioning this with the front desk team (who were really exceptionally gracious) I was moved to a larger room. The rooms are nice... a bit 1990's in decor but very well maintained and housekeeping do an excellent job - spotless. Very nice bathroom, both our rejected room and the one we stayed in had a big tub an separate shower. But the rooms are old and the property needs a refurb - especially if they want to be a Sofitel and not a Novotel.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Marie-Paule N, General Manager at Sofitel New York, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We find it invaluable in order to constantly improve the experience of staying here for our guests. Thank you for also pointing out the excellent job our housekeeping team does!

We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again in the future.

Marie-Paule

Reviewed 22 October 2017

My mother and I have stayed at the Sofitel three times and continue to be impressed. The room decor is lovely, the staff is courteous and the food is great. They have a terriffic bed and breakfast special. We travel to New York frequently and have tried other hotels - the last time we "experimented" we left after one night and returned to the Sofitel!
Thanks.

Room tip: "Higher floors have less A/C unit noise"
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank sorya D
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed here over Christmas. Room was well appointed, very comfortable, and always quiet. Service was OK, but slow and didn't really ever feel like anything special or different from any mid-range hotel option. Location is good if you need to be in midtown/the theatre district.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled with family
2  Thank kgsd1_0
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Best service, exzellent food in the restaurant, superclean rooms, nice view. In the heart of Manhattan is this beautiful hotel located. You can walk to time square and to the Central Park. Having coffee and tea early in the morning is perfect organised. Every request was answered- perfect job. I highly recommend this hotel.

1  Thank Eike2014
Reviewed 21 October 2017

I booked through Booking.com for three nights at Sofitel. The rooms were advertised 400 dollars per night when I get there, the guy at the reception was so rude, he didnt want to take my business card and he left me waiting for two hours until I get a friend to pay for the room,. But the catch is you have the first night is 1200 dollars a night and it's not a suite. Very quiclkly they took the money and told me to call booking.com. Booking .com told me that I can cancel but Sofitel didn't let me and they were so rude. I told them at least to give me a good room. They gave me a very tiny room, outdated , with no view and a clogged bathroom! It was a nightmare. I was with my child and they spoiled our two nights as I spent most of the time arguing with them about the room and the charges and calling booking.com. Worst service. the next day.I changed the hotel. they refused to give me my money back. When I looked at their website, the rooms were advertised for 250 dollars at night. after going and coming to the hotel and loosing my holidays time, the manager gave me a reduction and they charged that night for1000 dollars! I mean the worst experience of my travels! Never again in any Sofitel hotels. My child was crying and told me that they spoiled two days of our short holidays in NY!!!

Date of stay: August 2017