3,814 results
All reviews battery park hudson river brookfield place shake shack rooftop bar blue smoke statue of liberty lower manhattan the financial district goldman sachs new york nespresso machine chambers street world trade center jersey city freedom tower bagel shop
Reviewed 12 September 2012

Andy the conceirge was excellent
you can get good rates on weekends
the employee from kosovo helped us with our coffee machine and was very helpful
I would stay here again
you will need to get tickets in advance for the 9/11 memorale ask Andy

Room Tip: Whole Foods is near by
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 September 2012

I stayed here last week when I couldn't get a room at my "regular" hotel. This is a fabulous property, it is hip, modern and cozy all at the same time. It was nice to have separate rooms in my suite. It was luxurious and you won't be sorry you stumbled in here!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
ConradNewYork, Manager at Conrad New York, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2012

Dear irishupfl,

Thank you for posting your review! We are please to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Conrad New York and appreciated our over-sized guest suites. We hope to welcome you back in the future

Best Regards,
Alex Joset
Marketing Manager

Reviewed 9 September 2012

My husband and I stayed here for only one night to celebrate our anniversary. We enjoyed our stay, but it could have been better.

The hotel itself is gorgeous. It's modern, artistic, clean, and in the perfect location. We chose a river-view suite and were placed on the 9th floor. We were worried because our room was near the elevator, but there was no noise from the hallway or the street. The suite was impeccable and the view gorgeous. The bathroom was huge and I loved the shower so much I'll be getting the same kind installed in my house when we do the bathroom over! The bed was super comfy and I loved that the bath towels were over-sized. The turn down service was a nice touch and delivery of the Sunday Times was appreciated.

A few small nit-picky things about our room/hotel:
- We couldn't find any pay per view movies on TV. Maybe it was us, or maybe there weren't any. But it shouldn't be that hard to find a movie if you want one.
- The cable (satellite perhaps?) kept having some problems - I imagine due to rain in the area.
- The lighting throughout the elevator hallways and the rooms runs on the dark side. I would have preferred the bathroom lighting to be a bit brighter for make-up application, etc.
- The refrigerator was stacked full of expensive mini-bar items and I had nowhere to keep beverages chilled.

However, it was not these things that keep me from giving the hotel 5 stars. It was the reception and reservation personnel. Let me clarify that the valet, bellhops, cleaning staff, and everyone else we encountered were wonderful. But we did not think the folks at reception met our expectations for a 5 star hotel.

To begin with, we had booked our hotel using credit card miles. The credit card company told us to call the hotel 24 hours prior to confirm. When I did, the woman on the phone was not just unfriendly, she was borderline rude when I didn't have the confirmation # handy or the credit card # handy. I also wanted to give her my Hilton Honors reward number, but she told me not to bother because we wouldn't get credit for the stay. This was not what I usually do, but I let it go, figuring that we'd give it to the hotel at check-in. When I told her we were coming to celebrate our anniversary and asked if the hotel had anything special to offer, she flatly said there was nothing. I figured that she must just be busy or having a bad day, and decided to let it go.

Unfortunately, I think we had the same woman when we checked in. When she pointed the elevators out to us, we jokingly asked about making them work (because everything was so high tec) and she didn't even crack a smile. In fact, she seemed clearly annoyed by our presence. And it wasn't because they were busy. In addition, while we are not gold HH members, we've always had Hilton hotels honor us or welcome us in a way that differentiated us from everyone else. It's why it's our preferred chain. No such luck here. Honestly, I've felt more welcomed at a Hampton Inn than I did at Conrad, which is a shame since the hotel is so lovely and luxurious. I was also a little disappointed that nothing special was done to acknowledge our anniversary. Even the 5 star restaurant we ate at (Bouleys) sent over a dessert with a hand-written card. Perhaps I was expecting too much. I just think that when you stay someplace special, you should feel special, and that didn't come across here.

The other disappointment was the Rooftop Bar. One of the reasons we chose this hotel was the location and view. But during our stay, the bar was not open. It had closed that evening due to rain and didn't open on Sunday until 4 pm.

One other thing to note is that the only option for parking here is really the valet service. Street parking is largely non-existent and local garages are priced the same as valet ($50/night). Valet service was quick.

The bottom line is that the Conrad is a nice, modern hotel in a great location. I would definitely stay here again, I would just manage my expectation differently.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mragan
ConradNewYork, Manager at Conrad New York, responded to this reviewResponded 14 September 2012

Dear mragan,

Thank you for sharing your review about your recent stay with us. I am happy you enjoyed the hotel overall but do apologize for any inconveniences you encountered during your visit. I will have a member of our team contact you privately to discuss your stay further and try to resolve these issues. We hope you decide to visit us again in the future!

Best Regards,
Alex Joset
Marketing Manager

Reviewed 9 September 2012

One of our favourite hotels. Our room (a twin double) was a fab size (we had heard hotel rooms in NY could be shoeboxes so this was a pleasant surprise). The hotel and room were beautifully presented - impeccable in fact. The shower room was huge with a rainforest shower or traditional shower option. The beds were comfortable albeit the pillows a little excessive. The room also came with a sofa bed (but boy was that uncomfortable as a bed ... so don't bank on using it for more than emergencies). Staff were very attentive, prompt and friendly. Location was good - away from the noise and lights of times square but an easy subway journey uptown from chambers st or WTC. Cab from Newark airport cost $70 inc. tolls. We took the train back to Newark from the PATH station at WTC - much cheaper but not quite as pleasant :) Hotel is right next to one of the quieter shake shacks (they normally come with queues around the block so don't miss it!)

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank samsamaUK
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Beautiful modern hotel in beautiful battery park city. I loved my stay here. All staff were nice and accomodating. In a really great location. The rooms are clean and beds are super comfortable. Will book here again next time I am in ny.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business