“Best way to See and Learn about NYC”
Review of CityRover Walks NY

CityRover Walks NY
Book In Advance
and up
Private New York City Historic Downtown and Wall Street Walking Tour Including...
Private Downtown Art in NYC Tour
Private New York City High Line and Greenwich Village Walking Tour
Ranked #7 of 642 Tours in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Allow us to personalize a private, immersive and memorable NYC sightseeing tour for you.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 11 April 2012

During Spring Break, we took the Brooklyn Bridge Tour with Max. Definitely one of our city favorites. Max was a great guide. He incorporated history and fun facts into the talk. There was something for everyone on this journey. Our two teenage daughters enjoyed fun facts about love locks, the bridge engineer's strange death, cable fraud, and the fears of crossing the bridge. My husband enjoyed hearing the process of building the bridge, the immigrants' strike, the revolutionary war facts and seeing the fabulous views. I was captivated by the brownstones and other historic homes in Brooklyn Heights. Our group size was very manageable - 11. Max didn't have to shout, had opportunity to answer individual questions the entire trip, and even took family photos for us. This was so worth the time and money. Brooklyn was beautiful - tulips and trees in bloom. We will definitely take another tour from Max on our next NYC visit. Tips - wear sneakers, dress in layers, and plan on 3 1/2 hours for the tour. Thanks, Max!

Write a ReviewReviews (1,438)

Reviewed 9 April 2012

We did the central park tour and had a great time. Max really knew his stuff and told the stories in such a way that they were fun and entertaining. Central park is huge and we definitely wouldn't have seen what we did had we not have done the walking tour. Max was really personable and took the time to speak to each guest as we wee walking between our destinations. I'll definitely be taking another tour next time I'm in new York. Thanks max!!

Reviewed 7 April 2012

We stayed in a hotel on the Upper West Side ,so we walked through Central Park everyday but Max showed us new, nice places when we did the Central Park tour and we learned a lot of of new things
Every time we are visiting New York we try to book a tour through Cityrovers because he is the best.
There were also some locals who joined us for the tour and Max told them a lot of things they didn't know
Max has a very pleasant way of telling and I will highly recommend to book one of his tours!

Reviewed 7 April 2012

I took City Rover's Central Park tour a couple of weeks ago with friends and I have to say, I was thoroughly impressed. I've lived in NY for a couple of years but had never had a chance to explore Central Park to its full extent. Our guide, Max, was amazing - he is like a walking encyclopedia. He knew Central Park from soup to nuts and was genuinely passionate about conveying to the background of it all. He's a genuine history buff but with personality. He's a great story teller and made us laugh the entire way through. He brought bottled water and snacks for us to nibble on along the way and we took a few bathroom breaks, which was a plus. I have already recommended Max and his tours to an army of friends. Go and enjoy - especially on a nice day! It's worth every penny and more.

Reviewed 6 April 2012

We took the Village Sampler tour with Max and found it absolutely delightful. It was our first time in the city and we wanted to do something special to really learn about the city. We usually don't do tours and this was the first time we booked a walking tour. I'm glad we did. The tour was packed with interesting facts about the past, present and future of the places we visited, the kind of facts you don't read in a tour guide. Max really knew what he was talking about and since the group was small enough, i'm sure no-one had trouble hearing him. Some delicious snack stops were included and we visited some really interesting places with amazing stories. At the end of the three-hour walk I was hoping it didn't have to end yet because it was all so interesting and I was eager to see more.. We got a handout from Max which listed other interesting places to see around the area so we could go on exploring.. All in all it was a great tour, we will definitely book another tour with CityRover when we get back to NYC!