2,392 results
All reviews radio city music hall purified water terrace club club quarters highly recommend the jewel great location patrick's cathedral new york central park times square sister hotel living room nbc studios free wifi coffee machine small gym top of the rock
Reviewed 19 November 2014

We spent one night in this small quite hotel that is right near Rockefeller Center. The room was on a smaller side but very modern and clean. Check in/out was very quick. We will definitely stay there again when we are in the area.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2014

Intentionally tried 3 different hotels in NYC over the past month and the Jewel was my favourite. Yes the rooms are small but adequate. It has pleasant decor and a great little lounge room and business centre to meet other travellers and share experiences. My room was at the back so no view but very quiet. Really loved the fact that they provide a guest laundry. As for location, it was perfect. Rockefeller Center was across the street, easy walk to Broadway and shopping. Staff were always cheerful and helpful. Definitely would come back for another stay at the Jewel.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Rose D
Reviewed 14 November 2014

A very clean, quiet hotel in the most perfect location across the street from Rockefeller Center and Radio City Music Hall. The staff was friendly, the elevator was fast, and although the room was fairly small (like most NYC hotels) it was very functional (even with our two giant suitcases). We enjoyed the fast, free internet and the filtered (free) bottled water service. I would definitely stay here again. A nice walk to Broadway shows or Central Park, and of course LOTS of shopping and restaurants nearby. And when our friends had some issues with their room, the hotel recovered nicely by sending them wine and free breakfast certificates! Good customer service.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Nancy H
Reviewed 13 November 2014

New York is a great city. The less time spent in the hotel the better the trip. This hotel delivers exactly what is needed for a short stay. It is very clean, incredibly quiet and run by friendly efficient staff. The location next to Rockefeller Center is good for shopping, dining, and late night drinks across the street at the glorious restored bar on 65th floor.

Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank BGM60
Reviewed 13 November 2014

A friend and I stayed here last month for about a week and it's just average. I booked a 1 bedroom through Kayak. If you're staying with someone else and are booking a 1 bedroom, please make sure to get the upgraded room with the built in desk/chair because otherwise you'll be staying in a closet sized room. The lobby is tiny, so it's a bit crowded if there are a lot of people there. It's also got a very small entrance and is very easy to miss. We were given a room on the 2nd floor facing a building so there wasn't any view. Good thing we didn't stay in the room much. The room was nice, modern, and clean, but small (which is expected for NYC, however I have stayed in a larger NYC room before). It has a mini fridge with no freezer. We didn't realize it didn't have a freezer until we bought ice cream one night and then realized we would have to throw anything left over, away. There was also a microwave, flat screen TV, and desk with chair. The bathrooms are small with a sliding door instead of a door to close, so there really isn't a ton of privacy. Even though our rooms were cleaned daily, they didn't leave us wash cloths on 2 separate occasions and we had to call down to the front desk to ask for some to be sent up to us. The first time, someone immediately came up with them. The second time, we kept calling the front desk, but we just kept getting a busy tone and we literally had to get on the elevator to go down to the front desk to ask for some. Another time, the maid didn't leave us any extra toilet paper and we had to call down for some to be sent up. The bed was very comfortable and I slept well the whole time I was there. There is no safe in the room, which I was a bit disappointed about.

They keep their irons and ironing boards in a "community" closet in the hallway of the hotel instead of putting them inside each room. So you have to go and get it in the mornings before you can get ready. One morning I plugged the iron in to heat up and I couldn't figure out why it wasn't working. Then we realized power was out in half the room. Odd. So we called down to the desk and they said they would send someone to fix it. The lights came back on and I tried to use the iron again.... Then the power went out... Again. Once again I had to call the front desk. They said they would send someone again. The power came back on and I tried to iron again. Guess what... the power went out again. I ran into the hallway to find the guy who was fixing the power and he came to the room. He asked if I was ironing and I said that I was trying to. He told me that you can't plug the iron into any plugs except for the one in the bathroom. Keep in mind that the bathroom is small and so was the area immediately outside the bathroom. It would have been ok if it was just me in the room, but there was another person with me that also needed to get ready in the bathroom. So I thought that was strange.

The nice thing is that you have to use your room keep to use the elevator, so I felt safe with that feature. The staff was always nice and they speak to you when you arrive and leave. There is free coffee and tea on the 2nd floor where we stayed. It's located in a lounge type area with a TV, chairs, and tables. The hotel is right across the street from Rockefeller Center and only a few blocks away from Times Square, so the location is perfect. There's also a Duane Reed drugstore up the street and very close (with an urgent care), which came in handy when I caught a cold while I was there.

For the price, I felt it was just mediocre though, compared to other NYC hotels I've stayed at.

Room Tip: Get a room on a higher floor with a view of the city (not facing another building) if you can.
  • Stayed: October 2014, travelled with friends