“Nice Hotel in Harlem”
Review of Aloft Harlem

Aloft Harlem
Ranked #236 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 26 January 2012

I stayed here (on a whim) and found this hotel to be a bit chic. The grand entrance which includes a huge glass walled bar and small lobby caught my attention immediately. My room was nicely decorated and had a huge flat screen tv but had a view of nothing. I was impressed that the room had several ports to accommodate my mac and iphone at the desk. The bathroom was huge compared to (my own) other hotels I have stayed in NYC. Overall, my overnight stay was quiet and comfortable and I would stay here again on whim if needed.

Room Tip: Ask for a good room with a view.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
AloftHarlem, Manager at Aloft Harlem, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2012

Dear Law70,

Thank you for reviewing our property, it is greatly appreciated. We hope you'll return to our hotel on a whim again!

Reviewed 24 January 2012

Finding accommodations close to Columbia Medical Center in northern Manhattan - I usually stay in Ritz-Carlton or Intercontinental hotels - seemed impossible until a friend directed me to aloft Harlem. I traveled from NH and checked in for 10-days while my nephew had brain surgery. Imagine my stress level and the shortness of my fuse. Every day, I was happy and grateful to be staying here. I drove back and forth to the hospital at all hours of the day and night (about 10 minute drive), generally used their efficient valet parking, and had healthy and delicious food available to take to my room 24/7. When I preferred a taxi, one was called for me and arrived promptly. The beds and linens were luxurious after a long stint at the hospital; the large flat screen TV, wi-fi, bathroom and other amenities were just what I had hoped for. The hotel is "hipper" and has more of a "buzz" than I am used to and my room was ingeniously designed. I loved it. The housekeeping was up to my stringent standards. The front desk staff and bartenders were among the best trained and most personable that I have encountered in any hotel in the world. I felt secure and known at this hotel. There were very glamorous guests (who provided great people-watching), business travelers, staid looking older couples, and cool young people. We were all greeted by name and given the feeling that the staff was happy to be there and that they love their jobs. If you have a family member at Columbia University Medical Center in Washington Heights, do stay here and let them take care of you.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank auntieNH

Dear auntieNH,

This comment is very special to us, as our entire staff remembers you and how much you had to go through during your trip. We enjoyed having you as a guest, as you were always very pleasent and warm to our entire staff. Thank you for the thoughtful review, we truly appreciate it. We hope you come back to visit us the next time you're in New York; we'll make sure to make your trip extra special. Our thoughts are with your family.

Reviewed 21 January 2012

I typically stay at W Hotels, but decided to be a bit more budget-conscious and try the Aloft Harlem. I'm glad I did! The hotel is new, gorgeous, and a block from the subway (one express stop from 59th/Columbus Circle). And the staff was stellar -- helpful and friendly every time. This is my new preferred hotel in NYC!

• Stayed: November 2011
AloftHarlem, Manager at Aloft Harlem, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2012

Dear Tal99,

Thanks for the great review. We'll make sure to show our staff, as they'd enjoy your complimentary remarks. Please come back the next time you're in New York City.

Reviewed 19 January 2012

We spent our last night in new york in these hotel, and it was great.
The room we had (1 King size) was very "kompact"- small but well set and had everythung you need in it.
the location ofcourse is the main "problem"' but it is not really a problem: the subway is 2 minutes away, the area is not(!) scary to walk in and there are even some nice resturants in walking distence.
The Looby area- Including the lounge and the bar are vevy nice and fun to be in.

Room Tip: if you want a bigger room get a 2 queen room.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank avivb

Dear avivb,

Thanks for the great review! We're glad you enjoyed the area and were able to explore the great selections of restaurants near by. Please come back to visit the next time you're in New York City.

Thanks again!

Reviewed 18 January 2012

I was pleasantly surprised with this hotel and the area.
Staid using Sheraton points and cash. Cheapest option in NYC.
Hotel is very nice with cool lobby and bar.
No parking.
Short walking distance to the subway and from there 10 min to times square.
Walked back from Subway at night with my wife and 2 daughters (9 and 13) and felt very safe.
Rooms are small but functional

Room Tip: The king bed rooms are smaller then the 2 queens. Use the subway to get around.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Ohad B

Dear Ohad B,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property, we truly appreciate it. Please come back next time you're in New York City.

Also consider these accommodations in or near New York City
Upper East Side
The Marmara Manhattan
The Marmara Manhattan
#166 of 469 in New York City

Been to Aloft Harlem? Share your experiences!