1,017 results
All reviews williamsburg bridge kenmare street balcony room lower east side new york yoga mat wine and cheese rooms are small manhattan skyline the empire state building street noise walking distance restaurants and shops turn down service great shopping continental breakfast every evening
Reviewed 8 March 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for a last-minute trip and couldn't be happier. The design is gorgeous. Chic.... Industrial... Modern... Yet so comfortably... Like home. The plaster wall behind the bed is like art in itself.
Staff was incredible. Helped answer all my silly questions. They were very helpful when picking where I wanted to order food from. Once it arrived... They even brought it up to my room. So helpful!
Room was so clean too! You can really tell that they "care" about cleanliness... And that really means something.
Finally.... THE VIEW! the views are incredible. Whether your room has views of Nolita... Or of downtown Manhattan.... Or of the Williamsburg bridge.... It seriously is breathtaking. If you're considering staying here...... DO IT.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Dylan H
Reviewed 27 February 2016

great location, great room, great staff, wonderful views of the city... free wine and cheese reception... lots of great amenities for sale in the room from condoms to t-shirts snacks and drinks etc super comfortable bed and pillows ... Aveda soaps and shampoo... awesome spot if you're going to a show at the bowery ballroom

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 February 2016

Booked this place for Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. I had never stayed in the part of town, but I loved it. Well I should say it was because there was no one around. The place is right around the corner from little Italy and I always stop in at one of my favorite places there for pizza. The hotel it self was cute, great little lobby serving wine and cheese every day at 5 pm. I booked the King Corner room, so happy, floor to ceiling windows and views of the bridge leading to Brooklyn. Bathroom was amazing, great shower and very modern soaking bath tub right in the room. Fantastic for a little intimacy. Very nicely appointed robes, slippers and other little things that you appreciate. All good things about this place.

Room Tip: Corner King Room, best for me. They also have a few rooms with a small balcony
  • Stayed: December 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2016

I usually stay at the Soho Grand but thought I would try something new. The prices are comparable. The rooms are trendy - industrial style chic but incredibly hot in summer especially if you have the floor to ceiling windows and a little crowded. The hotel does offer charming things like bikes you can take for a ride and an evening snacks reception. But there is just something lacking - not all the staff is trained properly. We had problems checking out and the attention to detail is not there. I feel like this could be a great hotel but it is just not there yer

Room Tip: A cool room is a must
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled on business
2  Thank TravellingAddict
Reviewed 20 February 2016

This is my new favorite hotel in my new favorite neighborhood in NYC. If you do not know, Nolita is about as perfectly located as it gets for current NYC living. SOHO is a block away, Chinatown is a block away, Little Italy is a block away, the Lower East Side is just down the street... etc, etc, etc...

There are so many wonderful restaurants within walking distance that you could spend several days before needing to get into a cab, Uber or subway. Having said that, the Bowery subway stop is only a block away.

The rooms are small, but wonderfully designed. I have stayed for a week and never felt cramped. If there are two of you, spring for the corner room, however, as it is larger and has an awesome soaking tub in addition to the shower. The design is really outstanding - if I remodel my house, this is how I want it to be and look - simple, beautiful and efficient.

The staff is also superb. They are helpful in every way and super welcoming to repeat visitors.

A few things to be aware of:

1. This is not particularly a business hotel - they do not have a real business center, room service, coffee makers in the room, or any of the other things you expect in a hotel catering to business travelers. Having said that, I am a business traveler and stay here anyway as everything else taken together outweighs these shortcomings

2. The dining option in the hotel is extremely limited. They kind of serve breakfast after 8, but honestly, it is clearly an afterthought at this point and is not really at the level of the rest of the hotel. See point number 1. Nothing but coffee and bread products until after 8? Doesn't anybody who stays here have to get to work? Again, there are so many options within a block that I do not care and would not eat here in any case, as I would want to explore the other options.

I list these simply so that you know potential downsides going in. For me, this is my favorite place to stay in the city and I recommend it without reservation.

Room Tip: If you need a little more space, choose a corner room as the regular rooms are pretty small - although very well designed.
  • Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business