“Just perfect”
Library
Hallway Entry
Garden
Preparing for Halloween
The prettiest tree on the block
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Brussels, Belgium
“Just perfect”
Reviewed 2 September 2013 for a stay in August 2013
people found this review helpful

We had a great stay in A Garden in Chelsea. The appartment Karen offered us was just perfect for a family of four with two teenagers. It was great to go back to a quiet neighbourhood after a day of walking up and down in Manhattan. The area is full of bars, restaurants and shops (one of my favourites, 192 Books just around the corner). The appartment is cosy, very comfortable and well furnished. Karen is a great host and was there to greet us when we arrived and also there to say farewell (she even called a taxi for us). We will certainly go there when we go back. Highly recommended.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The comfort of the appartment and its location
Travelling group: Teenagers
2 Sep 2013
Many many thanks!
Travellin...
London, England
“Home from home in NYC”
Reviewed 27 September 2012 for a stay in September 2012

My partner and I stayed at A garden in Chelsea with our baby for a couple of days in September. The apartment was fabulous, very clean and comfortable - we felt very much at home very quickly. The apartment is very close to the Highline which is an added perk.
Karen is a charming and friendly host, full of hints and tips about the neighbourhood.
We had a great time and would highly recommend

Liked best: Feeling at home
Liked least: Nothing
Travelling group: Young Children
Families with young children
27 Sep 2012
Thanks. Reading this is a bright spot in our very dark house. We are still without power from the storm.
Karen
Annie B
London
“After 30 years of visiting NYC this is the best place I have stayed”
Reviewed 17 July 2012 for a stay in December 2011
person found this review helpful

I have lived in NYC and have returned most years for a holiday since the 1980s. From now on both my mum and I will always stay at the Garden In Chelsea. As a treat for my Mum I arranged a stay in New York in which the first few days were spent at the Wardorf and the rest of the trip downtown in Chelsea. The Wardorf was a disaster and I would NOT recommend but A Garden in Chelsea was a slice of heaven. The internet, TV and list of local amenities etc were all easy to access on arrival and the gift of a fresh pint of milk in the fridge on arrival was SO welcome. The location is great and offers some of the best of NYC. We rented the Studio with garden and the B & B on the first floor. The studio was so cosy and quiet and a real treat to return to after a busy day in a noisy city. Looking out the window on Christmas day to a snow sprinkled garden was lovely. When we first arrived just before Christmas day my Mum already had food poisoning which she got from a museum restaurant. The owners could not have been more helpful, supportive or kind. I am so grateful to them. The relaxing and welcoming ambience of the studio made my mum's experience so much better than it could have been. She said, 'If I could not be in my own bed this is the only other place I would like to be.' The B & B room upstairs I equally recommend. Artistically decorated and very homely.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The Garden and relaxing atmosphere.
Liked least: The steps are a little difficult for older people.
Travelling group: Extended Family
Friends getaway
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
17 Jul 2012
Annie, thanks so much for writing this. I hope you and you mum are doing well and we hope to see you again in the future. Good luck with the Olympics.

All the best,
Karne
Ermie2
Swanbourne, Australia
“Great property and location”
Reviewed 19 December 2011 for a stay in October 2011
people found this review helpful

This was a fantastic find in New York. Location and facility were both excellent and our hosts, Karen and Paul, could not have been more helpful. Easy walking distance to all the main subway lines, close to the Chelsea Market, great area for walking with the Ji-Line Park at the end of the street, good neighboorhood restaurants of all types - what more could you ask?
Very highly recmmended.

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: Location and room with courtyard outside. Ability to self-cater.
Travelling group: With Spouse/Partner

Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Travelling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 25-34
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing