1,289 results
All reviews butler service heated toilet seat red door spa times square art deco new york bathroom mirror starwood points rain shower the theater district junior suite st regis an upgrade turn down service lobby bar bell staff small hotel
Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

The staff at breakfast really looked after me so well, I really have to mention them first.

Platinum SPG status honored with an upgrade to junior suite.

Staff here were consistently gracious. The St Regis team should attend whatever training these guys go on to get up to standard.

Hard product is decent with good quality finish and linens.

Spa was of a pricing level to be expected and my massage was correspondingly good.

A good all round stay and luxurious treat.

Stayed: October 2017
Nitish K, Manager at The Chatwal, a Luxury Collection Hotel, New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Dear MsHellfire,

We truly appreciate such a wonderful review! I'm delighted that our hotel proved to be a wonderful experience. It truly does make me proud to hear of the special touches our staff provided to make your visit special. Our primary focus as a team is ensuring that our service matches the caliber of our beautiful property and cuisine. We thank you for your gracious words and simply cannot wait to welcome you back.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

We recently spent 5 nights at The Chatwal Hotel in a Deluxe King room. It is one block from Time's Square and all the craziness but when you walk through the doors into the stunning Art Deco Lobby, you feel a tremendous sense of calm and comfort. It is almost as though you have been transported back in time to a more elegant era. The staff is delightful, the rooms gorgeous, and the restaurant divine! We loved the Lobby Bar, The Lamb's Club Bar, and being huge Geoffrey Zacharian fans, had to try the Lamb's Club Restaurant. We were not disappointed! Food was fabulous and service impeccable, but not overbearing! We will be returning next year.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DesertNanu
Nitish K, Manager at The Chatwal, a Luxury Collection Hotel, New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Dear DesertNanu,

We are so pleased to hear that we were not only able to meet your expectations but exceed them during your stay with us at the Chatwal Hotel. Our primary focus as a team is ensuring that our service matches the caliber of our beautiful property and cuisine. Your experience as a guest is of the utmost importance and it is a pleasure to accommodate. Thank you for your response, we are honored that you chose to stay with us and look forward to a return visit.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

This was my first visit to New York and had picked to stay at the Chatwal hotel. I am so pleased that I had.

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left all the staff was so friendly and helpful with first class service being provided.

The hotel architecture and design was fantastic and was very impressed with the way it was done.

The room we had was amazing on the 10th floor.

The location of the hotel being so close to Time Square made it an ideal location for any tourist to the city with great bars and restaurants only short walk away.

I am sure I will return to New York at some other point and I would definitely choose to stay at The Chatwal before any others.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Garyhh2016,

We truly appreciate such a wonderful review. We're are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us at the Heart of Time Square which allow you to enhanced your visit in New York. We look forward to extending your compliments to the team as well. Thank you for your response, we are honored that you chose to stay with us and look forward to a return visit.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

This is the first time we stayed in a hotel that had a swimming pool in Manhattan. Great hotel, fantastic team, superb service. Location is great if you want to be near the times square. Ineday we had breakfast in the room, one day in the breakfast room and another day at the Bryant Park. I personally liked Bryant Park since it was only a five minute walk away. Breakfast at hotel was also good but the breakfast room was very very cold which made it a little uncomfortable. SPA and gym were very good.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Nitish K, Manager at The Chatwal, a Luxury Collection Hotel, New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2017

Dear Mete Z,

We truly appreciate your wonderful review. Yes, I do agree there are not a lot of swimming pools in NYC, which makes us unique! We're thrilled that our location is convenient to such locations as Bryant Park and Time Square. However, I am sadden you did not get to enjoy your breakfast as we intend to meet your expectation during your stay. I will address to our Lambs Club Management regarding the temperature.

We hope to see you again when your future travels bring you into the city. I will be more than happy to personally oversee your stay.

Reviewed 25 September 2017

The hotel is very nice - excellent location for example. Yet it could be better. I am SPG Platinum and I was not given an upgrade even though rooms were available. Front desk indicated that no platinums were getting upgrades. Really? this violates the SPG TOS.

There is no club level...disgraceful for a 5 Star. Room was nice but small...no bathtub....

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deigs
Nitish K, Manager at The Chatwal, a Luxury Collection Hotel, New York City, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2017

Dear Mr. Deigs

On the onset, I would like to personally thank you for your recent review at The Chatwal Hotel, New York.

We do apologize for any miscommunication and service lapses you may have experienced. As an SPG member, Platinum guests do receive upgrades based on our availability. Due to our occupancy for the week, we were not able to upgrade you to a higher category. I do apologize as I know this can be very frustrating.

I sincerely hope you will allow us to serve you better in future. You may please reach out to me directly at nkumar@thechatwalny.com. I will be more than happy to personally oversee your future stay.

Thank you once again for sharing your valuable feedback.

Nitish Kumar Director of Front Office