“Luxurious without any pretense.”

The Chatwal, A Luxury Collection Hotel, New York
Ranked #38 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed 16 October 2017

First, the staff was amazing. Everyone was so friendly. There was a small hiccup at the check in but the guest service manager was most apologetic and took care of things promptly. The breakfast was outstanding. We had a Junior Suite, which was plenty spacious with the automation that draws the blinds and order in-room amenities on an iPad. I absolutely fell in love with the Seura in mirror tv so much so that I am having one put in my master bath at home in my upcoming remodel. It was such a wonderful stay. We will come back and bring our little dog with us. Thank you for taking such good care of us.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Nitish K, Manager at The Chatwal, A Luxury Collection Hotel, New York, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear C W,

I would like to personally thank you for your recent review of The Chatwal Hotel. It is a pleasure to hear your feedback on the exceptional stay experience you had with us and that you thoroughly enjoyed our attractive hotel offerings and amenities, such as Seura television located in the bathroom mirror. Also, I am glad our Guest Service Manager was able to turn things around during your "Arrival Experience". We would appreciate your on going loyalty and are delighted to hear that we would be your hotel of choice when your travels bring you into the city. Please let me know when you return to the city and I will be more than happy to personally oversee your stay along with your dog!

Director of Front Office

Write a ReviewReviews (1,213)

Reviewed 12 October 2017 via mobile

The staff at breakfast really looked after me so well, I really have to mention them first.

Platinum SPG status honored with an upgrade to junior suite.

Staff here were consistently gracious. The St Regis team should attend whatever training these guys go on to get up to standard.

Hard product is decent with good quality finish and linens.

Spa was of a pricing level to be expected and my massage was correspondingly good.

A good all round stay and luxurious treat.

Stayed: October 2017
Nitish K, Manager at The Chatwal, A Luxury Collection Hotel, New York, responded to this reviewResponded 12 October 2017

Dear MsHellfire,

We truly appreciate such a wonderful review! I'm delighted that our hotel proved to be a wonderful experience. It truly does make me proud to hear of the special touches our staff provided to make your visit special. Our primary focus as a team is ensuring that our service matches the caliber of our beautiful property and cuisine. We thank you for your gracious words and simply cannot wait to welcome you back.

Reviewed 3 October 2017

We recently spent 5 nights at The Chatwal Hotel in a Deluxe King room. It is one block from Time's Square and all the craziness but when you walk through the doors into the stunning Art Deco Lobby, you feel a tremendous sense of calm and comfort. It is almost as though you have been transported back in time to a more elegant era. The staff is delightful, the rooms gorgeous, and the restaurant divine! We loved the Lobby Bar, The Lamb's Club Bar, and being huge Geoffrey Zacharian fans, had to try the Lamb's Club Restaurant. We were not disappointed! Food was fabulous and service impeccable, but not overbearing! We will be returning next year.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DesertNanu
Nitish K, Manager at The Chatwal, A Luxury Collection Hotel, New York, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2017

Dear DesertNanu,

We are so pleased to hear that we were not only able to meet your expectations but exceed them during your stay with us at the Chatwal Hotel. Our primary focus as a team is ensuring that our service matches the caliber of our beautiful property and cuisine. Your experience as a guest is of the utmost importance and it is a pleasure to accommodate. Thank you for your response, we are honored that you chose to stay with us and look forward to a return visit.

Reviewed 2 October 2017 via mobile

This was my first visit to New York and had picked to stay at the Chatwal hotel. I am so pleased that I had.

From the moment we arrived to the moment we left all the staff was so friendly and helpful with first class service being provided.

The hotel architecture and design was fantastic and was very impressed with the way it was done.

The room we had was amazing on the 10th floor.

The location of the hotel being so close to Time Square made it an ideal location for any tourist to the city with great bars and restaurants only short walk away.

I am sure I will return to New York at some other point and I would definitely choose to stay at The Chatwal before any others.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple

Dear Garyhh2016,

We truly appreciate such a wonderful review. We're are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us at the Heart of Time Square which allow you to enhanced your visit in New York. We look forward to extending your compliments to the team as well. Thank you for your response, we are honored that you chose to stay with us and look forward to a return visit.

Reviewed 30 September 2017 via mobile

This is the first time we stayed in a hotel that had a swimming pool in Manhattan. Great hotel, fantastic team, superb service. Location is great if you want to be near the times square. Ineday we had breakfast in the room, one day in the breakfast room and another day at the Bryant Park. I personally liked Bryant Park since it was only a five minute walk away. Breakfast at hotel was also good but the breakfast room was very very cold which made it a little uncomfortable. SPA and gym were very good.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Nitish K, Manager at The Chatwal, A Luxury Collection Hotel, New York, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2017

Dear Mete Z,

We truly appreciate your wonderful review. Yes, I do agree there are not a lot of swimming pools in NYC, which makes us unique! We're thrilled that our location is convenient to such locations as Bryant Park and Time Square. However, I am sadden you did not get to enjoy your breakfast as we intend to meet your expectation during your stay. I will address to our Lambs Club Management regarding the temperature.

We hope to see you again when your future travels bring you into the city. I will be more than happy to personally oversee your stay.