“Beautiful Hotel, Lovely stay.”

The Chatwal, A Luxury Collection Hotel, New York
Ranked #38 of 467 Hotels in New York City
“Beautiful Hotel, Lovely stay.”
Reviewed 17 January 2012

We stayed at The Chatwal for two nights to celebrate my partner's birthday and we had a lovely time. The hotel has a cosy modern art deco feel to it. Our room was clean and well equipped with a walk-in wardrobe and a supadopa bathroom. The basement spa is small but good. All the staff were attentive, welcoming and very helpful. Nothing was too much to ask and all our requests were immediately actioned. Nick Mullins, the Chief Concierge, was particularly helpful and a true diamond in arranging entrance into two exclusive bars as a treat for my partner. He also found locally a particular gift I'd been searching everywhere for. Overall an excellent hotel.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank bozwink
Lance M, Front Office Supervisor at The Chatwal, A Luxury Collection Hotel, New York, responded to this review, 19 January 2012
Dear bozwink,

On behalf of the entire Chatwal Hotel staff, I want to thank you for sharing your experiences. I am delighted to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

It is wonderful to know that Nick arranged such an memorable weekend for you.

We are honored you chose to celebrate your partner's birthday with us. We do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back to stay with us again.

Cordially,

Lance Miller

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (295)
  • Arabic first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
London
Reviewed 17 January 2012

We stayed 5 nights over New Year's eve in this extremely well-located boutique hotel, right by Time Square and very close to 5th Avenue and walkable distance from other major NY tourist attractions. The room was beautiful, spacious with lovely furniture and a very cosy feel. I am quite sensitive to noise and I can say I was never disturbed The bathroom that includes an excellent shower and several gadgets: a TV hidden in a mirror and warm toilet seat for the japanese clients. Staff is extremely polite and pleasant, in particular the receptionist that welcomed us and head Butler Brandon Short. I was also very impressed by the food, we had breakfast in the restaurant every morning and it was just delicious, I think I actually sampled most options, from smoked salmon with bagel, tortilla and eggs etc always accompanied with a delicious granola with fresh fruits. Breakfast was really excellent but ended up costing quite a lot, over 100 dollars a day for 2 but it was worth it. Once we were too tired to go out again and tried the restaurant in the evening and I must say I had the best beef I have ever eaten there. Minor complain regarding one of the concierge who did not seem to know much (he told me one museum was close whilst it was open, did not know much about the tube map and did not make the effort of writing things down for us), it may just be that he had just been recruited or was in training. We dealt with another concierge who advised us perfectly. I would definitely go back and recommend it to friends, probably more for a winter than a summer stay. A great address.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 16 January 2012

Beautiful boutique property in the heart of Times Square. Loved the bathrooms as many have mentioned. Amazing bed and pillows. Very cozy rooms overall.

Staff is extremely friendly, always greeting us on our way in and out.

Will be sure to stay at the Chatwal again upon our next visit to New York.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are quiet.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Dheller_12,

On behalf of the entire Chatwal Hotel staff, I want to thank you for sharing your recent experiences. I am pleased you had an enjoyable stay.

We would take great pleasure in welcoming you back to The Chatwal Hotel in the near future.

Kansas City, Kansas
Reviewed 10 January 2012

I can't find superlatives enough for this lovely boutique hotel. From the moment the Doormen greeted us, we had a heavenly stay. The hotel is 1/2 block from Broadway on 44th...no worries about street noise. Impeccable furnishings, linens and a bathroom to WOW. We did not eat at the hotel during our 7 day stay and enjoyed marvelous food through recommendations from the Concierge and receptionists - this because we were BUSY enjoying NYC and not 'at' the hotel during mealtimes. The Concierge gets high praise for giving us a 'towny tip' which concluded by our securing Warhorse tickets at the last minute. Not a downer moment to our stay. THANKS!!!

Room Tip: I asked for a 'quiet' room away from the street and elevator...the receptionist smiled sayin...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
Lance M, Front Office Supervisor at The Chatwal, A Luxury Collection Hotel, New York, responded to this review, 15 January 2012
Dear Debbie S.

On behalf of the entire Chatwal Hotel, I want to thank you for taking the time to share your experiences.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed some of the unique aspects of our guest rooms, and that you had friendly interactions with our staff.

We do hope we have the pleasure of welcoming you back for a return visit to The Chatwal Hotel.

Cordially,
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 10 January 2012

We recently stayed at the Chatwal Hotel in NYC for one night. It was one of the most fabulous hotel service experiences I have ever had. George took care of us from the moment we arrived at the front desk, solved a big problem I had with my reservation, checked us into a beautiful, spacious room, and made me and my 6-year old son feel completely welcome and at home (especially with the chocolate-covered animal crackers!). The room was a very spacious, nicely designed 1-bedroom suite with every amenity you can think of, including heated toilet seats. We had a wonderful dinner in the bar area of the Lamb's Club. The hotel is in a great location on West 44th Street.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family