“nice quick lunch”

Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 25 January 2013

I stopped here and ordered a soup and wrap. It was easy and just what I wanted. There was space upstairs to eat and sky news on the TV as well as a street view. The soup was very nourishing and my thai chicken wrap was quite good.

Date of visit: January 2013
1  Thank PetriaLadgrove

Reviewed 30 December 2012

We stopped into Green Cafe because it was the first place we saw when we started looking for a place to eat lunch. All three of us ordered sandwiches and we were all happy with them. I especially liked mine which was turkey brie and honey mustard. They also had salads made to order and hot soups, but we did not try them. It's a good spot for a quick light lunch-I would go back again.

2  Thank SaraMc81
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Enjoyed having their great sandwiches on whole grain breads and fresh salads made while you wait. The staff were friendly and their service was great even at busiest hours.

Date of visit: August 2012
Reviewed 4 September 2012

If I remember correctly, there was a Subway next door. In retrospect, I wish I'd gone there instead.

But me and friends figured that we wanted to try something different and made the mistake of getting in here. We were looking for something cheap and quick and a sandwich fit the bill.

We are all vegetarians and we had limited options and decided to go for the Panini......it was mediocre at best with a ton of cheese in it and maybe 1-2 slices of eggplant and a tomato.....it was flavorless and bland.

To add to my frustration, they force a salad on you. Its either that or chips. I just don't get that. I don't see why I should not be given the choice of not getting the salad and maybe substituting the salad with a drink instead.

I ended up paying $12 for that and a drink and none of us liked our paninis.

Save your dollars for a Subway sandwich.....much much better value for money.

Date of visit: September 2012
Reviewed 17 August 2012

It's not easy to eat in Manhattan for a European. If you want to eat healthy and diverse food quickly, we highly recommend the Green Cafe chain. The fare is simple and straightforward, with hot sandwiches, breakfast staples and great salads, complemented by fresh smoothies. Green Cafe is the perfect place for a healthy meal any time of the day (they stock numerous organic products) and it's friendly atmosphere makes it all the more pleasant. A great experience!