“Healthy fast food”

Cuisines: Deli
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Reviewed 2 October 2012

Enjoyed having their great sandwiches on whole grain breads and fresh salads made while you wait. The staff were friendly and their service was great even at busiest hours.

Date of visit: August 2012

Reviewed 4 September 2012

If I remember correctly, there was a Subway next door. In retrospect, I wish I'd gone there instead.

But me and friends figured that we wanted to try something different and made the mistake of getting in here. We were looking for something cheap and quick and a sandwich fit the bill.

We are all vegetarians and we had limited options and decided to go for the Panini......it was mediocre at best with a ton of cheese in it and maybe 1-2 slices of eggplant and a tomato.....it was flavorless and bland.

To add to my frustration, they force a salad on you. Its either that or chips. I just don't get that. I don't see why I should not be given the choice of not getting the salad and maybe substituting the salad with a drink instead.

I ended up paying $12 for that and a drink and none of us liked our paninis.

Save your dollars for a Subway sandwich.....much much better value for money.

Date of visit: September 2012
Reviewed 17 August 2012

It's not easy to eat in Manhattan for a European. If you want to eat healthy and diverse food quickly, we highly recommend the Green Cafe chain. The fare is simple and straightforward, with hot sandwiches, breakfast staples and great salads, complemented by fresh smoothies. Green Cafe is the perfect place for a healthy meal any time of the day (they stock numerous organic products) and it's friendly atmosphere makes it all the more pleasant. A great experience!

Reviewed 7 August 2012

This Cafe has a hot buffet selection that goes for 7.99 a pound, which I think is too much but then again it is midtown. I will say this their salmon is juicy and delicious. I always grab a few ounces of that for lunch to get in the good fat we need for our diets. I also get a soup and that's my lunch. It helps offset my dinner calories.
They also have a terriyaki station, a sandwich station and Burrito station. They also have seating on the second floor.

Date of visit: June 2012
Reviewed 27 July 2012

It was ok - I could leave it at that and you would know what to expect. I had a 'super rueben' with vinegar-y potato salad, all decent, nothing outstanding. One daughter had teryaki chicken and mac and cheese (teenagers, sigh) and didn't like either. The other daughter had a chicken fajita panini and side salad. The sandwich was just all right, and the honey mustard dressing on the salad was made with honey and hot Chinese mustard!! While I thought it an interesting taste, it didn't work for her at all. Fresh food, nice service, but average tastes.

Date of visit: July 2012