All reviews ma peche milk bar central park boutique hotel new york rain shower corner king room trump tower bottled water fifth avenue small hotel basic room bath products great boutique room service carnegie hall turn down service
Reviewed 28 October 2018 via mobile

Upon entering this boutique hotel, the cozy lobby had a fire going on a damp rainy Saturday. Greeted by Max, the doorman/bellhop, he couldn’t have been more accommodating. Included in our weekend package was valet parking. Max not only handled taking our car and helping us with luggage, but also saw us taking a stroll before checking out and had our car waiting for us upon our return.

The entire staff couldn’t have been more pleasant. Checking in was easy as was checking out. Housekeeping was most pleasant and helpful when I had an issue working the hair dryer. Turndown service was excellent too with chocolates on our pillows and bottled water on our night tables left in a spotless room.

It’s location was perfect just steps from shopping on Fifth Ave. and an easy walk to the theatre district. Subways and bus stops were nearby too.

We took the deluxe king room, 1003. Directly across from the elevator, I was concerned about noise that never occurred. Decorated very tastefully with a glass top desk that was great for applying makeup, the king size bed had a mattress just a tad too hard for our liking. However,snuggling up under down comforter made up for it. The bathroom not huge but ample had a fabulous shower with all the necessary amenities along with terry robes and slippers.

Included in our reservation was a very light buffet breakfast. Cereal, buttered rolls, and hard boiled eggs along with coffee and tea were available on the mezzanine level with a few tables and chairs as well as sofas, lounge chairs, and coffee tables making it a very casual feel.

Compared to other hotels in the area, this was a great find for the price. Although a can’t say our stay was luxurious, it was delightful.

We are returning next month when we will be trying the corner king room that was not available for this stay and is a larger room. Hopefully our stay will be as good an experience as this one was.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ChambersNewYork, General Manager at Chambers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2018

Thank you very much indeed, NewJerseyWanderlust.

We are grateful that you found Chambers and that you are to return so soon. A quick note, the Corner King room is actually slightly smaller.

Thank you, too, for sharing your find, it is greatly appreciated.

Reviewed 27 October 2018

This was the greatest hotel! Everything was wonderful, from the check-in to the room (very comfy bed and everything spaced for maximum room and comfort) to the amazing staff. They welcomed us warmly, responded quickly to our every need and truly made us feel pampered. Jose, the concierge, scored a difficult last minute reservation for us at PizzArt (delicious!). He also helped with other recommendations and helped with negotating travel within the city. The location of the hotel is perfect. Walking distance to Central Park, Carnegie Hall, high end stores and good restaurants. We have told all our friends about Chambers.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Hello EBC193,

We are thrilled you have spread the word, thank you!

The staff is amazing and we are very fortunate indeed having each and every one.

Please let me know when you plan a return visit and I, or Jose, will be delighted to point you in new and very tasty directions.

Very kindly yours,

Reviewed 11 October 2018 via mobile

I stayed and have to say cannot find any fault

I asked for a upgrade which I ended up paying Not the Hotels fault as I agreed

However I would have appreciated it to be complimentary as it was a last minute booking

This would have left a perfect stay behind, a small gesture can bring a repeat customer

Now I look it as just another hotel which price and location deternines my future stays

I will not be back for that unfortunate reason to this amazing hotel

Culpa Mia

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
ChambersNewYork, General Manager at Chambers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2018

Dear davyms,

Faultless is a very, very fine review indeed and we are grateful for your having shared it.

Alas, that you do not plan to return as an upgrade was not offered. Please note that depending on your arrival time, if rooms are left to sell, we have a fiduciary responsibility to leave them available to those who are interested in taking them at last minute. I hope this begins to address your chagrin.

Please know we will always be delighted to have you as our guest and I invite you to contact me directly as I will be happy to handle arrangements personally.

Reviewed 8 October 2018 via mobile

Loved the location of this hotel! A stones throw from Central Park and right between 5th and 6th Avenue. The room was clean and very quite. New York is so expensive and this hotel offered such reasonable rates.
I walked to the Empire State Building in under 20mins. I recommend walking west toward Midtown for food as the choice is amazing.
One tiny gripe I had (perhaps they were busy at the time) my bag was taken from me at check in (I only had hand luggage) and I was told it would be brought to my room - the guy even stood next to me, waiting for the elevator, holding my bag! 20mins later after hanging out in my room, I had to go to the lobby to collect it myself as I really wanted to shower, having flown 4000miles from London.
But overall, amazing value in a great location so would highly recommend this hotel!!!!

Trip type: Travelled on business
ChambersNewYork, General Manager at Chambers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2018

Dear bnashir,

Thank you indeed for your very kind words and please accept our apologies for the delay in your luggage's arrival. We certainly can imagine what it is to wait to for one of our stellar showers and regret impeding you even a moment.

Please do let me know when you might be back Stateside and I will be delighted to assist with all things New York and Chambers.

Reviewed 4 October 2018

So I wasn’t going to write this as generally I love this hotel. The location is great. The beds are comfy. The rooms are super quiet and the staff super friendly!

This time round, I checked in. And went up to room did some work and got a little hungry.

I was looking for the room service menu and could’t find one. Instead there was a letter on the notice board on the wall explaining that the restaurant was closed, no reason why: “we’re keeping that under wraps”. (Ive just travelled 4000 miles, and due to a mistake didn’t get fed so Im hangry, I want food. Not a marketing attempt to make the fact that the hotel has no restaurant cool. It's also frustrating that the front desk didn't inform me of this on check nor was I informed when booking. Also notice how the hotels trip advisor page STILL has pictures of food in the dining section!)

They do however have a list of restaurants you can order in from. And I quote:

"This being New York delivery is available and we are happy to have the charge billed your room. Too, we will have the right and proper cutlery available as well as china and glassware"

It took nearly 5 minutes of back and forth with the lady on the front desk who kept apologising because the restaurant on the list I wanted to order needed a credit card and would not charge to my room... Confusing much.

Finally her manager came on the phone and conceded that the restaurant would in-fact charge to my room....might have been because by this point I was so frustrated/confused by the complete miscommunication/misleading documentation in the room, they realised they had made a massive mistake.

So I finally get my pizza, 30 mins later, which I have to say was disgusting; freezing cold, slimy, soggy base, drenched in condensation where it has obviously been sat in the box waiting to be delivered for ages.

Oh and I did I mention, proper cutlery, china and glassware....a plastic plate, no napkins and the only glassware was the glass bottle my water came in....

So....like I said I wasn't going to right this review, but as I sit here at 5:50am starving and in desperate need for caffeine; I call reception and am told, they are serving a complimentary Milky Bar Breakfast (what even is this that?, no really, there is no description of what it is at all on said letter) but not until 6:30

Thank god for Keith the night manager, for sending someone to Starbucks for me; I applaud you sir, I imagine you have had had to deal with multiple frustrated guests while your General Manager and Marketing Team look for a new restaurant for the hotel but are 'keep it under wraps!'

• Trip type: Travelled on business
ChambersNewYork, General Manager at Chambers Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dear Stoff77,

First and foremost, please accept my apologies for your disheartening arrival to Chambers. As you have experienced in the past and we will ensure you will experience on any and all of your future arrivals, Chambers places hospitality above and beyond all else. We failed in this instance and I am very grateful that you did indeed choose to write. As hard as criticism may be to hear, it is also both illuminating and instructive and I thank you very kindly for taking the time to let us know your experience.
I have ensured any and all deficiencies in communication and subsequent delivery of services have been address and corrected.
As mentioned via private contact, I am very happy to speak with you further and remain,