6,150 results
All reviews port authority parole office times square free laundry new york full size fridge fridge freezer bus station small kitchen never felt unsafe the breakfast area bagels complimentary breakfast lower floor hell's kitchen few blocks coffee maker
Reviewed 15 July 2018

My daughter and I stayed in NYC last week while she attended a dance workshop. I chose this hotel because it had a full sized refrigerator and a small kitchen - I wanted to have the option of preparing meals in the room - and it was bigger than every other hotel room I looked at. We were staying a week and I didn't want to feel squished.
The location is great! Close to more restaurants than you can imagine, and just a few blocks from Times Square.
Check-in was pleasant. I wish I would've gotten the name of the young lady checking us in, but I always forget. She asked if we would like a high floor or a low floor. After reading about the issues with the elevators, I chose a low floor. She gave us room 502. That turned out to be very convenient because the elevators here are terrible! We would walk down the stairs every morning and there were a couple of times when there were so many people waiting for the elevators that we just decided to walk up the stairs (not easy on me lol).
The room was exactly how the photos appear. Everything was clean and fresh. The rooms are small, but big for NYC. The bed and pillows were comfortable, and the temperature in the room was constantly pleasant. The only problem I had with the room was the bathroom door has a huge window! Sure, it's frosted and you can't make out what your seeing, but if the room was dark and someone turned on the bathroom light, the entire room lit up. Whoever thought that was a good idea for a bathroom door is silly.
We tried the free breakfast our first morning and we were not impressed. Everything we tried (eggs, bacon, pancakes) were cold. Not even a little warm. There was no syrup or toppings for the pancakes, either. We hit up Starbucks or another local bakery after that.
We did make it to one of the weeknight happy hours, but I just grabbed a glass of wine and we headed back to our room - we were exhausted!
Housekeeping did a great job, except never cleaned our room the first day. I had left for most of the day and came back around noon. The room hadn't been cleaned yet, but someone had been in there and turned on all the lights. I thought it was strange, but I put up the Do Not Disturb sign and relaxed for about an hour. When I left, I took the sign down. When we got back a few hours later the room still hadn't been serviced. Not a big deal, and it didn't happen again. After that day they usually got to our room between 8am and 10am.
Everyone we encountered in the hotel was wonderful! The check-in desk was always very helpful. We ran into housekeeping a few times and they always greeted us warmly.
We will definitely stay here again if we come back to the big city.

Room Tip: Pick a room on a lower floor - elevators are terrible!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Great location for Times Square and Broadway. Right across Port Authority giving you access to the subway and buses. Spacious enough room with a 2 door ref, sink, stove, microwave and cook sets. Got a good deal through Hotel Tonight app. No hassles when I checked in and was given the key in 5mins. Ask for a lower floor for elevator concerns. Breakfast was fast and friendly.

Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank M0mmyDearest
Reviewed 10 July 2018 via mobile

I stayed at the Staybridge Suites mainly for location - to be walking distance to the Javits Center, as it’s only a few blocks from there. It’s great that it’s also just a few blocks from the middle of Times Square! The rooms are a good size for NYC and very well appointed with a well-equipped mini kitchen. I had two rooms, one with a king bed and one with two-double beds, and both were very clean and comfortable. My only gripe would be that at popular times, the elevators are pretty slow, but I suspect that this is the case in most NYC high rise hotels.

Staff was very friendly (especially the doorman who doubles as a singer/guitarist!!). Breakfast is included, which is a nice perk. I stayed there for the Summer Fancy Food Show, for more about that experience, and tons of pictures, follow Eat, Drink, and Go!

Stayed: July 2018, travelled on business
1  Thank Eatdrinkandgo
Reviewed 7 July 2018

This hotel is only a few blocks from Times Square. It is easy to access different points in the city to include the subway. There are plenty of restaurants, sourvenier shops, watering holes and drug stores nearby as well. This hotel has 32 floors with approximately 10 rooms on each floor. We booked 2 rooms for 5 people. The rooms are small (but it's New York and everything is small and overpriced). Standard comfortable beds with shower/tub, small kitchenette (sink, fridge and freezer, dishwasher, pots, pans, utensils, and coffee maker). The rooms have a small closet with a digital safe. There is a TV with a desk/drawers and a small ottoman. The have a happy hour with food and drink during the week and a breakfast buffet everyday. The maid service was prompt and attentive. Overall our experience was fine. Most of the reviews about the elevators were absolutely correct. This hotel needs more elevators to accomodate the amount of people staying here. 3 will not cut it and it showed. Not a total deal breaker but I paid a lot of money for 2 rooms and shouldn't have to be walking up and down the stairs from the 12th floor. One more issue for me was the breakfast buffet. The food was cold everyday regardless of what was served. The hottest thing on the buffet was the coffee. The check in and out was uneventful and the concierge were very accomodating and friendly. We stowed our luggage after check out before departing the hotel without any issues. Overall our stay was very good and you can't beat the location from Times Square. If I do come back though I might look at other hotels for comparison purposes.

Room Tip: Low floor request because of the elevator wait (although more noise from outside)
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
2  Thank Chris G
Reviewed 7 July 2018 via mobile

Big rooms with all you need and more. A nice breakfast and very well placed for Times Square. The staff were very helpful and friendly. The only downside is that the lifts can be very slow at times. Nice place.

Stayed: June 2018, travelled as a couple