“Outstanding Service in a Luxurious Setting”

Kimpton Hotel Eventi
Ranked #45 of 468 Hotels in New York City
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 1 March 2012

I recently stayed at the Eventi for an overnight business trip to NYC. The hotel was recommended by the group hosting the meetings I was attending. We received a substantial discount off of the rack rates, which in retrospect was a little surprising.

I arrived very early on a Wednesday, getting to the hotel at 11:00 AM. I did not expect to get a room that early in the day, but to the credit of the person I spoke to at the front desk they made an attempt to find me one. The hotel had been fully booked the night before and was fully booked the night I stayed. While they couldn't completely check me in that early they got me 90% of the way there and were able to provide me with a room when I came back from lunch at 1:00 PM. I was quite pleased.

The lobby is smallish but very comfortable. I was able to return some e-mails and make some calls while I waited on my room to become available. The slightly-too-hip electronica-heavy Muzak was a little loud, but bearable.

The room I stayed in was on the 6th floor with a view facing away from 6th Ave. It was nice and quiet, with a window that partially opened. The room was smallish, but very well appointed and attractive. The bed was very comfortable. The flat-screen TV actually showed HD programming (what a concept!), literally a first for me. While the screens are ubiquitous, it seems like it is not a priority among the hotel chains to deliver HD content. The bathroom was nothing short of spectacular with a walk-in shower and beautiful marble tiling. It was impressive (although better water pressure would have been nice.)

The closet was very shallow and appeared to be a little bit of an after-thought. The desk was also very small and would not have been conducive to doing a lot of work there. There was a small easy chair in one corner, but as the room was small it did not seem to fit in the overall scheme of things very well.

The location cannot be beat. It's just a couple of blocks away from Times Square and as convenient to everything in Midtown Manhattan as any hotel that I've been to in the area. There are plenty of places to ear nearby, including a couple of surprisingly nexpensive options, including a small food court that is next door.

This is probably not a great hotel for an extended business stay, but is perfect for tourists wanting a nice place to stay or for a short-stay business traveller.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Kimpton Hotel Eventi

Reviewed 29 February 2012

I loved the suite here, it was very well appointed, the view was a New York City dream, and the bathroom is memorable, all in all, Eventi is the epitome of casual luxury. The only thing is the regular rooms are a bit dull if you don't have a city view or a high floor because the color palette is grey in the rooms. With that said, the suite was gorgeous and I would imagine a city view even in a smaller room would be amazing, our initial low floor, back facing room was not that exciting, I remember a purple painting of a girl with her head between her legs looking sad was in the initial room, bizarre, but the humor wasn't lost on me. I'd absolutely stay again, but prefer Ink48,Kimpton's other new property.

• Stayed: September 2011
1  Thank JoshC87
Reviewed 28 February 2012

We are fans of the Kimpton brand and the Eventi lives up to its peers with stylish decor, huge windows overlooking the city, great loyalty program service, and daily wine happy hour. The location is just two blocks from NY Pennsylvania Station making it convenient for Amtrak arrivals. It's also a do-able walk south to the Village, east to the Empire State Building, and north to Times Square. The neighborhood feels safe and there are a number of good restaurants close by. Where it fell short was the design of the lobby (small with NO restrooms!) and the bar (faces a wall which features a video loop of some very funky images.)

Room Tip: I think all the rooms are at least 4/5 floors up so they should all be good. We went with the basic...
1  Thank Escapists2
Reviewed 26 February 2012

We stayed 2 nights at the Eventi for President's Weekend. The location was great as we have a daughter who lives in the West end. We were able to get on street parking which was a big bonus without having to use the garage. Staff was very friendly. Room was on 16th floor with wonderful view of the Empire State building. Room was very clean, small, but extremely comfortable bed and pillows. Bathroom was very well equipped with nice shower, two nozzles, and nice amenities.Complimentary wine reception could have been attended each night we were there, but could only get to it once. This and coffee in the morning are nice additions.
Good location and quiet at night. Security is good in evening as we had to show our room key to get on the elevator! Also Pet friendly, as we saw pets, but never heard them!!

Reviewed 25 February 2012

I have stayed prior visits at this hotel and it is one of my favorites.. Great location, Great staff,Great rooms... Will countinue to book here....