3,350 results
All reviewstrump sohotrump hotelspring streetkoi restaurantnew yorksoho areanespresso machinehudson rivercorner suiteholland tunnelin room diningroom servicefloor to ceiling windowsfreedom towerturn down servicehigher flooran upgrade
Reviewed 1 October 2014

My daughter and I recently spent a few days at the Trump Soho. The staff is top notch but the room isn't what I thought it would be for the price. Yes it's a nice size for NYC and the bed is very comfortable. The furniture was a little worn, the makeup mirror light didn't work (which two girls really need!) and the sink was so slow draining. The first night when we were getting ready to shower, we realized we only had one wash cloth. Not a big deal but I'm just not sure why every room would get the once over before the next guest. This is why I didn't give it a 5 rating. I've stayed in many luxury hotels and some have been outstanding. This one just needs a little work to be at that point! Should I have the desire to stay in Soho again, I would stay here.

Room Tip: My rate was supposed to include free wifi but I was charged anyway so check your bill when checking out!
  • Stayed: September 2014, travelled with family
3  Thank an2nini
TrumpNYCSoHo, Manager at The Dominick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2014

Dear an2nini,

I am pleased to hear that overall you did enjoy your stay at Trump SoHo. Thank you for the additional feedback on the room - it is much appreciated. We do hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon.

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 1 October 2014

Really nice hotel .Superb welcome and great customer service throughout our 4 day stay from all the porters and reception staff. 5 mins walk to fantastic shopping , 10 mins walk to great restaurants . Rooms are generous sizes and the queen sized bed was one of the best sleeps possible. We had a superb river view from the 27th floor. Overall a good result although we did spend very little time in the hotel we had such a good time in NYC.
One massive criticism that everyone complains about it having to pay for wifi . So wrong in 2014.

Room Tip: Ask for a river view , the higher the better.

Dear LuluNorthYorks_,

Thank you for choosing Trump SoHo and sharing your feedback! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the hotel and the location, and I will be sure to share your kind words with our associate team. We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed 1 October 2014

My husband and I stayed for a four night stay this month.
Good points: great location beside a subway station, nespresso machine in the bedroom and free bottled water and very comfortable bed and lovely sheets.
Bad points: our room was not serviced to 5pm - we arrived back from a day of sightseeing wanting to get showered and out for the evening to be greeted by an unmade bed and dirty bathroom unserviced from the morning. Unbelievable in a five star hotel and at a room rate that night of over $700 totally unacceptable. When we complained at checkout we were told it is quite usual for the rooms not to be serviced until late in the day. I am sorry but this is not my experience in any other proper five star hotel I have ever stayed in. Get real!
Also only coffeemate and not milk for Nespresso machine
No plug in sink in bathroom
Nozzle attachment does not stay on hairdrier
In my view the attention to detail and servicing is key to make the stay in a hotel good.
In my view the Trump Soho does not give any attention to detail at all.
I have never given such a low rating to a five star hotel - could do so much better.

Stayed: September 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Anne J,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I am very sorry that your stay did not live up to your expectations, and I would be happy to personally discuss it with you. I can be reached at gmaoberoi@trumphotels.com or 212.842.5527.

Reviewed 29 September 2014

We stayed 3 nights at the Trump SoHo in New York and were pleasantly surprised to be upgraded to a suite upon our arrival. The room was magnificent, and much larger than expected. The service provided in our room was top notch, concierge was friendly and helpful, front desk staff warm and welcoming, and doormen always available to answer questions. So why not 5 stars? Simply because I do not understand hotels still, in 2014, charging a daily fee of $15 for wifi. Just doesn't make any sense to me why this would be an extra in this day and age when everyone uses wifi and data in the U.S. on most plans is unlimited. In summary: a great hotel, great location, helpful and lovely staff, but extra daily charge for wifi.

1  Thank SRSM
TrumpNYCSoHo, Manager at The Dominick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2014

Dear SRSM,

Thank you for choosing Trump SoHo and sharing your experience! We are so happy to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay. Please note that if you book directly on our website, you are eligible for complimentary WiFi. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back again soon!

Kind Regards,

Reviewed 28 September 2014

Excellent experience with this hotel. Room was beautifully appointed... Excellent view ( request upper floors)...beautiful bathroom which also had a view. The staff was friendly and accommodating. Great doormen...excellent location just on outskirts of Soho... Shopping and dining were in easy walking distance. Did not love the Koi restaurant... Breakfast is very expensive....and selections quite average... Would prefer a hotel restaurant with more diversity overall. Pool bar was already closed for the season which seemed pre-mature... Bar area quite small.. We were unable to get a seat on any night... With that said... Highly recommend otherwise.

Room Tip: Request upper floor 15 and up for a view....

Dear Pamela G,

Thank you for choosing Trump SoHo and sharing your feedback! We are very glad to hear that you were pleased with the hotel and staff, and that you had the opportunity to explore this wonderful neighborhood. We hope to welcome you back again soon!