“A Tale of 2 Buses (Elite and Standard)”
Review of Tripper Bus

Tripper Bus
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Tripper Bus provides upscale service between Mid-town NYC and the Washington DC suburbs of Arlington, VA & Bethesda, MD. Quality service has won Tripper multiple titles for Best Bus To NY in the Washington City Paper readers poll. On board enjoy wifi, electrical outlets and complimentary premium movies on your phone. Also try Tripper Elite for an upscale bus experience.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Our trip from DC to NYC on the elite bus was very comfortable and we arrived ready to enjoy the city. The trip back was a standard bus (that had also been contracted out to another bus company), and my back is still hurting from the very uncomfortable seats. Had we been on the elite both ways, I would easily be able to give 4 or maybe even 5 stars. Spend the extra $18 bucks and you will have a much better trip. Easy boarding process and friendly staff.

Reviewed 27 September 2018 via mobile

Seriously loved this. After years of commuting I finally feel like I’ve found a really great service between dc Arlington and NY. The busses are really nice. I feel like they care about the passengers and even met the owner at the stop in NY who was checking with us to see how we enjoyed our trip. Nice staff, nice drivers, easy to get to location., Will be using them again in the future.

1  Thank Laura H
Reviewed 26 September 2018

Despite the heavy traffic in Maryland which delayed my arrival it was a very pleasant journey. The bus was comfortable and bus drivers skilled and gave us a safe trip.

1  Thank jennifersmith311
Reviewed 25 September 2018 via mobile

Traveled with tripper bus on 9/23. The dispatcher was very helpful and boarding the bus was easy. The ride was pleasant... On my trip home I took the elite bus and it was a great experience. They gave us all a water bottle, which was nice and I was definitely enjoying my leather seat that reclined and had extra leg room. I would definitely use their service again. I used to travel by train but this is a cheaper and better option. Will use them again next time.

1  Thank Hanna130
See more reviews
Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

Boarding personnel were not courteous.

Driver announced, after we boarded, that she would time out, so there would be a driver switch about 35 minutes into the trip (If the driver cannot complete the trip, why didn’t they use a different driver from the outset ??)

When we got to the designated place for the driver switch, the new driver was late, causing delay. No apology or explanation. Just sitting there waiting. Then when the new driver finally arrived, he sat there for an unreasonably long time before departing. Again, no explanation. Then they took 895 even though WAZE would have shown them it was extremely jammed up and 95 was clear. Eventually they switched to 95 but this resulted in another significant delay. Don’t these morons have access to WAZE or google maps ? (Traffic is not their fault but idiotic decision ARE their fault)

All in all, a very bad experience. I have taken Vamoose in the past. They are good. I would not certainly not use Tripper Bus again.

1  Thank onekbear