“We expected Good and we got Great!”
Review of Naya Mezze & Grill

Naya Mezze & Grill
Reserve with OpenTable
Naya Mezze & Grill is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #894 of 15,866 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$20 - US$40
Cuisines: Lebanese
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 55th and 56th Streets
Transit: 4, 5, 6, N, R & W trains to 59th Street/Lexington Avenue.
Reviewed 6 August 2018

We had a wonderful lunch at Naya . . . and now we are fast fans of Lebanese food. We decided to order 4 things off of their appetizer menu and share an entree. We paired it with a crisp Chardonnay and had an amazing meal that lasted all day for us.

The grape leaves were terrific, and the tabbouleh was the helpful palate cleanser we sought. The Spicy Hommus took me back to when I would dine at a Lebanese friend's house in the early '90s. The float of oil and the kick of spice took me back. The falafel was a star - I ordered them to have a fried crunch, but I didn't expect to love them as much as I did. They were light, and the crisped textures went well with the spicy inside.

Batata Harra was a surprise - it sounded simple from the menu: spicy potatoes with garlic and coriander. And it looked fairly unremarkable. BUT - the flavor and texture stopped us in our tracks. We enjoyed this decadent dish and recommend it highly.

We also did the Spicy Shrimp (can you sense a theme here?), which was fabulous - particularly followed by a cold sip of wine.

Every thing we ordered had a unique flavor to it. We had a terrific time wandering around the table, tasting and enjoying.

The service was kind and the waiter treated us like he was familiar with us. It's a cool, mod space that added to the fun.

Reviewed 27 July 2018 via mobile

Great selection and good portions. Quality and taste were superb. The menu is diverse and can suit many palates.

Reviewed 9 July 2018

Naya is in a great location (close enough to walk or take the train to theaters) without being over-crowded with tourists. The menu has abundant options for vegetarians--as others have noted, the falafel and hummus are especially delicious! We also appreciated the Lebanese wine selection and recommendations from our waitress. I would recommend ordering many different dishes family-style to taste the full range Naya has to offer.

Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

This was a great find! If you like traditional Lebanese food, you will appreciate Naya. The wait staff was very helpful, and I really liked my Lebanese wine

Reviewed 30 May 2018 via mobile

This is a very good restaurant. I had plain hummus, a totally wonderful tabouleh, ful medames and spiced potatoes. I also ordered baked eggplant with yoghurt and pomeganates, but unfortunately this dish was much too sweet for my taste. Otherwise a fantastic meal. I have also visited the restaurant for lunch and had a very good lamb kofta. Naya Mezze & Grill is very recommendable.