“Everything was very very good. Close to perfect”

L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon
Reserve with OpenTable
L'Atelier de Joel Robuchon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,993 of 15,868 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$18 - US$300
Neighbourhood: Meatpacking District
Description: L’ATELIER de Joël Robuchon New York is a Modern French restaurant from legendary French Chef Joël Robuchon, who currently holds 32 Michelin stars (more than any chef in history). L’ATELIER’s name refers to a craftsman’s workshop. Its signature counter seating face directly into the open kitchen, allowing for a dynamic interaction between chef and diner, and offering direct access to the creative process. In the front of L’ATELIER is LE GRILL de Joël Robuchon, an elegant yet approachable restaurant featuring a distinct menu of dishes, classic and seasonal cocktails, and wines by the glass.
Reviewed 20 April 2018 via mobile

This is a great restaurant, expensive but worth its price. We went there with my wife and two family friends. The experience and the service was top notch. At the reception it was like they were expecting us, looking forward to have us. We opted to have an appetizer and a main course, instead of the tasting/sampling menu. The mini burgers with foie gras were delicious and cooked to perfection, highly recommended if you like foie Gras. For mains we had a spaghetti with lobster which was also very good and a ribeye steak which was a meat lovers choice. For dessert have the chocolate soufflé! Service was efficient, friendly and helpful when picking something from the menu. I would put this restaurant as one of my top 10 dinning experiences in New York.

Reviewed 16 April 2018

This was our second visit but the first since Le Grill was introduced. It was great! Nice table, very sweet waitress, the best starter we have had in ages (chees soufflé) and deserts to die for (ice creams and tartes). Not stupidly expensive for what it is and we'd definitely go back. Highly recommended.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

This restaurant is my favorite restaurant in the city. I’ve been going to this restaurant once a month since it opened last year in October. I have been to most of the Joël Robuchon in the world, however I believe that L’ATELIER de Joël Robuchon in the city is the best. Ever since I started going to L’ATELIER de Joël Robuchon in the city, there is always a wonderful new discovery of taste in food. All dishes are very sensitive, wonderful, and delicious and the dishes takes me to another dimension every single bite I eat . Employees are also very wonderful which they notice every corner and are very caring of their customers(This is not very common these days). I also enjoy the wonderful cuisine and the wonderful wine pairing. Again, I believe that Joel Robuchon here is the best than any other Robuchon in the world I have been to. In particular, I think that the delicacy reflecting to this restaurant comes from delightful Executive Chef CHRISTOPHE BELLANCA.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

The food is good but not exceptional. For example the bread is amazing, but the appetizer with truffle was disappointing. Langustine and filet good, but again nothing special.
Quail very very good. Dessert big no.

The atmosphere is nice, we were at the bar. In theory the concept is that the best place is at the bar so you can see the kitchen but..you don’t see the kitchen from the bar. So you are not having a romantic evening nor an interesting experience.

Overall too expensive for what you get.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

My wife and I ate at the counter of L'Atelier on March 1st. Excellent meal. Beginning to end. Champagne to appetizer to a shared middle course to main course to dessert. Including all wine and dishes we spent $400 (the gratuity is included). I have no complaints about what I got for my money: the service was spot on, the presentation of the food was mind-blowing, the portions, especially the sole and the lamb, actually the portions of everything, were totally in keeping with the price and concept, and the taste was EXCELLENT. I truly have no idea why anyone would say anything else about the place. It's a great, fun, amazing wine list, amazing food place to go.