2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.comUS$147
AC HotelsUS$147
Hotels.comUS$147
PricelineUS$147
Agoda.comUS$147
eDreamsUS$147
All reviews east river wall street maiden lane front desk a river view room the financial district partial view huge tv downtown manhattan battery park the nearest subway station new york quiet area comfortable beds statue of liberty sized rooms rain shower
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 February 2021

I've been a guest at this AC using the DayPass program about five times over the past month. Most of the visits have ranged from uneventful to pleasant, but my experience here last Thursday has stuck in my head. I would've shared this directly with the hotel, but there's no mechanism for direct feedback and I didn't receive a feedback email after my stay to leave a review on Marriott.com.
I arrived around 8:30a last Thursday morning. A clerk was animatedly conversing with a man who seemed to be planning an event for his team. Overhearing the conversation, I noticed that the clerk didn't seem very professional in the way he was speaking with the customer. I was standing fairly far back from the desk because because the guest's mask wasn't fully covering his nose as he spoke. After a few minutes, the clerk paused and looked at me and beckoned me over. The first words out of his mouth were "Are you the housekeeper?" I was pretty taken aback by this greeting (not even a hello, how can I help you?") and his lack of apology when I informed him I was a guest, and a guest who had visited this property multiple times over the last month to boot. I asked him why that was the first question out of his mouth and he just said, I'm sorry, I was expecting a housekeeper around this time. Even if I had been the housekeeper, I would think someone in the hospitality would know better than to greet someone in the lobby this way and also recognize his mistake and make up for it with some goodwill. None of that happened. The experience left a really poor impression in my mind, and even though previous experiences were fine I am much less likely to return here.

Date of stay: January 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Concord Hospitality, Other at AC Hotel New York Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2021

Dear 960woc,

We appreciate your patronage and your sincere feedback. I'm very sorry for your poor arrival experience; please forgive us. We aim to provide sincere hospitality and clearly missed the mark. Your feedback has been reviewed by our team to foster improvements. For this reason, we hope that you will reconsider a return visit. We'd love the opportunity to serve you better. Once again, thank you for your patronage and feedback.

Reviewed 22 December 2020

Beautiful hotel. Great downtown location, but my room smelled like marijuana all night. I mentioned it to the staff, who kindly moved me to another room. This is not a nonsmoking hotel. The $200.00 deposit is not keeping people from smoking in the rooms especially in the bathroom. No one bothers to mention to guests signing in that this is a nonsmoking hotel and we'll charge you $200. If you stay in a low rent hotel in NY, be prepared for marijuana and cigarette smoke.

Date of stay: December 2020
2  Thank mypassport1
Concord Hospitality, Other at AC Hotel New York Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 22 December 2020

Dear mypassport1,

I'm so sorry for your experience at our hotel; please forgive us. We are a non-smoking hotel, so I regret that you detected an odor. I'm glad that our team was responsive. We do our very best to obtain guest compliance. There is a significant room recovery fee for guests who do not comply to cover the extensive cost of restoring guest rooms to a smoke-free condition. All associates have been trained to respond to potential violations. Once again, on behalf of our entire team - I'm sorry we let you down this visit. We hope to have the opportunity to provide a flawless stay in the future.

Reviewed 21 December 2020

This is a nice hotel right off of the East River. The people at the front desk were very friendly and accommodating. One thing to note is the hotel rooms are not incredibly large, but it's NYC, so not surprising. Very close to everything downtown. They are taking good precautions with COVID.

Date of stay: December 2020

Dear chrislL149MV,

I’m delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay! We thank you for your compliments. Each member of our team strives daily to deliver a positive guest experience; your feedback serves as encouragement to our associates. We appreciate having you as our guest, and we hope you’ll visit us again soon.

Best,

Reviewed 15 November 2020

While the hotel is very pretty and updated the entire building reeks of marijuana at all times of the day. The lobby, the elevators, the 21st floor hallway and the smell seeps into my room. Front desk staff says it’s because they are understaffed. I’ve been here for 4 days and the smell has been consistent.

Date of stay: November 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
Concord Hospitality, Other at AC Hotel New York Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 November 2020

Dear Texascarmain,

I regret that you detected an odor while staying with us. We are a smoke-free hotel and do our very best to obtain guest compliance. Again, on behalf of the staff and management - I offer our apologies.

Reviewed 15 October 2020

Stayed at this Marriot Branded Property AC Hotel which in the middle if hustling bustling city of Newyork & few mins away from the the Time Square and all the major attractions as well

Highly Recomended

Date of stay: December 2019
2  Thank bakr007
Concord Hospitality, Other at AC Hotel New York Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2020

Dear travelguy050,

We appreciate your review and recommendation. I'm delighted to know you found your stay top-notch. Please find a reason to visit us again soon.

Best,