2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Fairfield InnUS$177
PricelineUS$177
Expedia.comUS$177
Hotels.comUS$177
FindHotelUS$177
Orbitz.comUS$177
All reviews the breakfast area greenwich street make your own waffles usb outlets the financial district one world observatory room was nice and clean front desk staff ground zero red eye flight complimentary breakfast great stay breakfast staff enjoyed my stay subway line high floor rooms are small
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 May 2021

Pretty old and rundown, about what you’d expect from a cheap motel. Rooms very cramped and dated, bathrooms also. Dinghy feeling overall. Staff was as helpful as they could be given what they have to work with. Marriott has sure given up on its brand management.

Room tip: If you want more than a place to sleep, go elsewhere
Date of stay: May 2021
1  Thank wklingel53
Trisha Chirico, Guest Services / Front Office at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Downtown Manhattan/World Trade Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2021

Dear wklingel53,

Thank you for recently staying with us at The Fairfield by Marriott World Trade Center. Our hotel opened in 2017. We are sorry to hear that you felt that our rooms were outdated. We do thank you for your feedback and thank you for choosing to stay with us during these unusual times. Take care and stay safe.

Reviewed 25 February 2021

If you could ever call a hotel apathetic, this one be the one. I chose the property after seeing a rate on Expedia much cheaper than direct with Marriott. As a savvy, Titanium Elite, I filled out the Best Rate Guarantee and was pleased to find the rate was actually matched. I was truly paying hostel prices to stay in a Marriott branded property -- I was excited.

My excitement quickly faded on the day of my arrival. I called the property to let them know my flight was delayed. The agent that answered the phone definitely was confused as to what this had to do with her and I really had to spell out the process of requesting my reservation be honored for a late-check in the following morning. They weren't rude in accommodating my request -- but surely not nice either.

Upon arrival I was efficiently handed my keys and the property did their obligatory "here's everything that's not normal about your stay due to current events" thing. Despite being a Titanium Elite, there was no recognition or even a reminder of the 500 points on the account -- much less an upgrade. My request for a high-floor was largely ignored and I was placed in the typical closet sized rooms Manhattan are famous for.

The room itself was as it was expected to be. The TV had Netflix and other streaming services and the nice easy to clean remotes. Having a fridge in the room was a solid plus. Cleanliness was a weak point within the shower and the fridge and some toothpaste from a previous guest could be found in the sink. Nothing I couldn't tolerate, but again not a great look for this brand that's known for quality.

The rooms are quiet and the area isn't quite as dead as my local friends said the financial district can be. Breakfast was mediocre as others have pointed out falling short of the standard bagged muffins I've come to expect in these unusual times (think a nutrigrain bar and the kind of fake juice that isn't even allowed to be served in elementary schools anymore). The cost-cutting was apparent in the bathroom as well with toiletries that didn't match the brand standard of Paul Mitchell.

Meh. Can't say I'd ever return given how many options we have in Manhattan all things considered.

Date of stay: February 2021
3  Thank Shawn C
Trisha Chirico, Guest Services / Front Office at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Downtown Manhattan/World Trade Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2021

Dear Shawn,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Downtown Manhattan/World Trade Center Area and providing your honest feedback on your stay.

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and we sincerely apologize for falling short of meeting your expectations. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team to ensure the necessary guidelines are in place to prevent these issues from occurring in the future.

Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We appreciate you choosing to stay with us during these unusual times. Take care and stay safe.

Reviewed 17 December 2020 via mobile

They had absolutely no benefits for Platinum members but offered to-go breakfasts for everyone which was a bagel, butter/CC/Jelly, a fruit cup and a small bottle of Apple Juice. While it is COVID era, many other hotels I've stayed at have offered more to-go options that didn't remind me of the 3rd grade cafeteria. The room itself is rather small but it is Downtown Manhattan so that is to be expected. The business center was open thankfully so I could get some work done outside my crammed room. I think as the months go on they'll get everything in order but there's work to be done.

Date of stay: December 2020
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Michael K
Trisha Chirico, Guest Services / Front Office at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Downtown Manhattan/World Trade Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2020

Greetings Michael,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Fairfield by Marriott World Trade Center. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy the breakfast offered at the hotel. Due to COVID-19, the hotel had to make changes with our breakfast options. As a teachable moment, we have shared your feedback with the appropriate hotel team. Once again, thank you for staying with us. Happy Holidays and stay safe.

Reviewed 10 July 2020

I stayed here just one night before a tour started, is convenient to the sights downtown, not many food options directly around the hotel but still ok for one night. Close to subway which was great and breakfast was overall pretty good. Nice clean, comfortable room.

Date of stay: August 2019
2  Thank Ashleigh J
Trisha Chirico, Guest Services / Front Office at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Downtown Manhattan/World Trade Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2020

Thank you for staying with us at The Fairfield Inn WTC. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your night with us and enjoyed our complimentary breakfast buffet. As you mentioned our hotel is close to several subway lines which will take you where you need to go in Manhattan. We hope to be able to host you again. Take care.

Reviewed 25 February 2020 via mobile

Good hotel in a quiet location. Had a high floor so didn’t hear much traffic noise. The room was also warm but not stuffy. The windows can also be opened.
Room was nice and clean apart from stained and dirty towels (with previous guests hair on it).
House keeping was a bit hit and miss and had to ask for our room to be cleaned on one day and another day they didn’t bother showing up.
Breakfast was ok, but then again it was free. The waffle machines are easy to use and it was nice to have them fresh. The breakfast area is very cold, many people had coats on. The toaster is unbelievably slow and takes around 5-10mins to slighlty brown your bread and changing the settings didn’t make a difference.
I feel like the breakfast staff need to wear a uniform as you couldn’t tell who was a guest or who worked there.
Front desk staff were lovely and helpful.
The lobby area has a water machine with sweets. One of the days they had fresh warm chocolate chip cookies which was nice.
The lifts didn’t take too long, which i have noticed that they were in other reviews.
One thing that did concern me is that a woman walked off the street and started to use the computers in the lobby area and then was very aggressive on the phone and was swearing, only then did security ask her to leave, i feel this should be monitored more closely, or for guest areas to only have access with room card key.
Would return, just a few things lacking with attention to detail.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Interstellar-Trek
TeamMarriott, Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites New York Downtown Manhattan/World Trade Center Area, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2020

Dear Interstellar-Trek,

Thank you for sharing the details of your recent visit and for choosing our hotel for your accommodation needs. We would like to sincerely apologize for the mistakes in our routine housekeeping inspections and for the challenges you had with our breakfast service. Although we are glad you were able to enjoy our prime location, quiet guest rooms, and intuitive hospitality, we are dedicated to exceeding all of our guests' expectations. Thank you for helping us pinpoint areas needing attention so that we can continue to improve upon our services, and we hope you will give us a future opportunity to regain your trust.

Louis Gonzalez