“Fantastic “cozy” bar, great atmosphere and beer”

Blind Tiger Ale House
Ranked #197 of 15,866 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours
Neighbourhood: West Village
Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Went with family and the place was packed with what appeared to be locals just getting off work. The service was excellent. They had a very good selection of beer, but what I loved the most was the atmosphere - felt like a place I would go to all the time if I lived in NYC.

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

I popped in for a quick pint as i was hoping to get into john’s pizzaria opposite (no luck, huge queues!) and was impressed with the range of craft beers available.

The bar has a real buzz to it which, when combined with the great drinks on offer, makes it a good place to include on a night out in the area.

Reviewed 23 April 2018 via mobile

We came here after reading other reviews and had to give it a try. The bar itself is small however the selection of ales it’s off the scale! I ordered the nachos and buffalo wings both delicious and reasonably priced. The location is perfect and could not fault the atmosphere! I would highly recommend visiting here!

Reviewed 12 April 2018 via mobile

Love this part of town - great eateries and hike & the wall joints like the blind tiger...old world charm with cold beers and solid grub.

Reviewed 11 April 2018

My wife and I love to go to local breweries and pubs when we travel to get the fill of the places we travel. We are usually treated very well and welcomed into grab a beer and give them our money. The staff(manager) here was more interested in having drink with the locals and I have never been treated so rudely anywhere in the world.On a positive note the beer selection was a very good.