All reviews single room new york the empire state building times square budget hotel great location place to sleep rooms are small shared bath light sleeper fresh towels penn station central location cleaning staff few blocks enjoyed my stay around the corner
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

The hotel is basic. Period. Small. No carpet. Shared bath. Incredibly clean. Comfortable beds. Good air conditioning. But basic!

Breakfast is advertised but don't believe it. There was an urn of hot water, packs of instant coffee, tea bags and envelopes of hot chocolate. That was paired with cookies, bananas and apples. That's all! Fortunately there were bagels aplenty on the streets of New York.

It fits the bill for NYC (Midtown!) on the cheap. I would come again but not bring my wife for a romantic weekend.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 September 2017

Great location, a 2 minute walk from the subway, right in the centre of the action. Yes, it's noisy because of the city centre location, but the air con worked well, so we didn't need the windows open. Housekeeping services were excellent - we knew they were shared bathrooms when booking, cleaned twice a day and never had to wait. Could do with adding some plugs as you couldn't take a bath, despite the bathtub, only a shower.
Comfortable twin beds, enough space for two people spend 5 nights - not bad by NYC standards.
Staff couldn't have been more helpful or friendly, stored our luggage on the last day free of charge, saw them trying to help several sets of travellers who didn't speak terribly good English. Grocery store/drugstores on either end of the block, only one lift, but moved quickly. We booked early, so got the room for under $100 dollars per night - good value.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 September 2017

I wish I knew there were lots of cheaper, much better hotel rooms that would pop up last minute. But I didn't when I got rooms 2 weeks before my trip so got a room here.

The smell was overwhelming, like a 6-month unwashed homeless person who sprayed themselves in dollar store air freshener, giving my husband a headache and causing myself to literally vomit. There was black hair matted on the floor, which covered my toothbrush handle when it fell off the counter edge (please note that my hair is blonde). The lock on the door was visibly damaged and missing plastic, creating uncertainty if it would keep our belongings safe. The window didn't lock and was easily accessible from the ground via fire escape.

We explained the issues with the accommodations above to the man at the reception, who showed no apology or even surprise, and only offered another room that he would not promise didn't suffer from the same issues.

The room was so bad that we had to leave within an hour of going into our room, and had to pay for another hotel. Note: There are TONS of cheaper hotel rooms that pop up in the same area last minute, and we paid much less for a place down the street with private bathroom and inclusive breakfast.

Room Tip: Hairy, unsafe room that smelled like a homeless person
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Jennifer V
Reviewed 22 August 2017 via mobile

I would never suggest this hotel to anyone the only this which was suitable was the location the don't have ensuite bathrooms you have to do out of the room to use your bathroom plus the staff was very disgusting I will never recommend.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank KAPIL1976
Reviewed 11 August 2017

small boutique hotel located on W38th street near the corner of sixth avenue. Great view of the street action from the bedside window. rooms and beds are small but comfortable. large closet to hang all your clothes. Definitely a great hotel to base yourself for several days while exploring the city. Close to all the restaurants and food outlets. great Australian sports pub only a few doors down. Is also a short walk to times square

Stayed: August 2017