Our stay at the hotel was great. Firstly, the entire staff was, in addition to looking like part time models, super nice and attentive. The scary-cool art installation in the elevator should also be mentioned. The hotel room itself had amazing floor to ceiling views. The decor was cool, but the room happened to smell a bit like a mix of cigarette and sweat. Another negative was that on the first night, the boom boom room (night club on the top floor) was playing music so loud I could feel it from the ceiling ALL NIGHT. The shower was a bit inconvenient too, as the drain was under the sink. In all, the great hotel restaurant, service and interesting neighborhood definitely made up for the minor cons.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in Manhattan's thriving Meatpacking District, the latest in hotelier Andre Balazs' collection of Standard Hotels stands commandingly above The High Line, the former elevated railroad undergoing redevelopment as a public park. 338 guest rooms on 18 floors, The Standard, High Line boasts unparalleled views of the Hudson River and Lower Manhattan, full business amenities, extensive event space and a state of the art fitness facility. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with TravelUp, Booking.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Standard, High Line reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Standard New York Hotel New York City
- Standard New York City
- The Standard New York City