“Amazing find!! ”

Ranked #2,098 of 14,211 Restaurants in New York City
Neighbourhood: Greenwich Village
Neighbourhood: Greenwich Village
Reviewed 20 April 2017 via mobile

I visited here with my boyfriend and absolutely loved it! Cute, small interior- great service and delicious food. Highly recommend the linguine and the mac and cheese- the latter is pretty special!

Reviewed 11 April 2017

Went in with a friend to try out the menu. The main table is communal seating which allowed us to see a bunch of menu items. Our server was friendly and prompt with service. We ordered the Steak & Eggs deviled eggs, meatballs and the Cod cheeks.

-The steak & eggs we got were not as bountiful as our table neighbors. The ratio was too much egg and not enough steak.
-The meatballs were tasty and the bread too was good. Perfect for sopping up the sauce.
-The Cod Cheeks were good but be sure to swirl them around in the sauce with the lemon you squeeze over it. They go from ok to good when sauced.

Our drinks were tasty. The cocktails list has some twists on common cocktails that work well. I had a bourbon cocktail with ginger and my friend had a tequila cocktail.

We decided to split the burger as our entree. The server was nice enough to request the burger be precut for easy splitting. The fries are shoestring and salted well. Sadly the burger didn't meet our expectations. We requested it be recooked. Their burger is a double of too thin, in my opinion, patties. The first burger was not hot so we feel it sat out too long and with thin patties became far overcooked. Our server did not protest a replacement. The second burger was cooked more to our liking but still with two thin patties left some to be desired. The manager felt it was prudent to remove the burger from our bill and we thanked him for this action.
I'll still probably return to try our their lunch menu which has many tasty sounding options. Our table neighbors has the pork chop that looked good and the other side had most of the menu including the chicken & waffles which serves many people.

Reviewed 28 March 2017

I was very excited to try Pig Bleecker. Tough to really put this restaurant in a “bucket” for the type of food but the best I can do is Soulful Italian-American. On the soulful BBQ side of the equation the meats are smoky, amazingly tender and flavorful. Enough so, that as a standalone BBQ joint Pig Bleecker would likely be a stand-out option in the city. However, marry that with the traditional Italian preparations and this restaurant immediately becomes something special on the NY food scene. We were very hungry and it smelled great so we went a bit overboard on ordering but at our table of 3 we all tried the following: The meatballs, the Crudite plate (beautiful btw), The Brisket Ravioli (OMG), Chicken Wings, Duck Ragu Lasagne, Bleecker Burger, Tomahawk Chop, Buckeye Milkshake, Key Lime Pie. Not a single dish disappointed. That said, I tend to judge restaurants based on what I absolutely would have to order again if I went back (as opposed to trying something new). The flavor and preparation of the Ravioli are legitimately not to be missed. The Bleecker Burger which I had read about completely lived up to the hype and would also end up on my plate again. The Tomahawk chop is a massive amount of food so assuming proportionate hunger existed in my party I’d be all over that a second time. Last note is that the sauces are top notch and each of them brought something unique to the meal. Overall 2 out of my party of 3 already hold and look forward to their next reservation.

Reviewed 26 March 2017

Were recently ate at Pig Bleecker NYC for a Family & Friends dinner. We were lucky enough to have secured a reservation at this hot new restaurant in Greenwich Village. The Service was great from beginning to end. We happened to meet some friends on our way to dinner who wanted to join us and the restaurant was kind enough to accommodate the increase in our party size. Even though there were a couple of Vegetarians in our group there were enough great options to satisfy everyones palates. The table started with and loved the Pigs in Parker House Rolls with Pig Beach Mustard Sauce and Grilles Oysters with Spicy Garlic Butter and Bread Crumbs. I shared the Little Gem Wedge Salad with Benton's Bacon, Blue Cheese, and Tomatoes Salad. It was fresh and tasty but by no means little. Although everything was delicious, a few of the remarkable entrees included the Linguini "Cacio e Pepe" with smoked black pepper and Pecorino, the Bleeker Burger and for the table Smoked and Fried Whole Chicken with cheesy grits and honey. All the desserts sounded so amazing we decided to 'Pig Out" and try them all. It was a fabulous idea. My favorite was the Mason Jar Oreo Cheesecake, the table loved the Buckeye Milkshake. I wish I lived in NY so I could go their all the time. My son who was with us and lives in NYC says he will be back soon.

Reviewed 14 March 2017

This place has only been open for about 5 weeks. The place is packed, so get a reservation! The food is perfect and the staff amazing. The best part is the NYC vibe that you get. If you can handle crowds and noise, you will have a great time. We had Lasagne and Smoked/Grilled Pork Chops. Everything from appetizer to Dessert was great! We only wish this was in LA!