“Was canceled last minute”

City Food Tours and Events
Ranked #260 of 684 Tours in New York City
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: The unique concept behind City Food Tours was developed in New York City when Joyce Weinberg, a seasoned food industry professional with more than 20 years of experience, wanted to share her passion for fine foods. From managing Fortune 500 confectionery businesses, to buying gourmet chocolates for Bloomingdales, she's done it all. Compared to other existing New York food tours that focus on more common foods, CFT introduces tour guests to a vast offering of high-quality, artisanal foods and encourage them to support local specialty stores, farmers, and sustainable agriculture. We help people realize that there's a lot more out there than the processed foods they encounter in mega-marts.
Reviewed 17 October 2017

They canceled last minute so my clients were not able to do the Downtown Dessert and Drink Tour. They even extended their stay so they can go on the tour. They were very disappointed. I did receive an email after I received a a refund asking me to share my experience on the tour.....

1  Thank Denise D
in 18 reviews
"nyc"
in 48 reviews

Reviewed 11 October 2017

We did the Flavors of New York Food Tour. It was really fun and our guide did a good job of educating us, but still moving things along. She was very adapted at changing things as people made comments about certain types of food. The places she picked were all really good and everyone enjoyed themselves.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

A friend and I took part in the Prohibition cocktail tour in NY. It consisted of 3 locations, 3 cocktails, snacks and a guide. Our guide (Megan) was very informative and enthusiastic, answering all of our questions where she could. We were a good size group of 6 guests, which created a great atmosphere. The locations were unique to each other and not typical tourist places, which made it more enjoyable and unique for us as we didn't know NY very well. The cocktails were very different to each other, therefore meeting the different taste preferences of the group. We both thoroughly enjoyed this tour and would recommend it.

Reviewed 4 June 2017

This was my second food tour in NYC, and my daughters' (16 and 13) first. The youngest qualified for a child's price which I really liked because she is still not very open to trying "adult" foods. Our guide, Amira, was very pleasant and informative, and I enjoyed speaking with her about various topics as we walked along the tour route. She was early, and since we ended up having a private tour, we got started and finished early (which left us plenty of time to do the other things we had planned for that day). We sampled at least 6 items (and to my great pleasure my daughters tried new things)! I would definitely recommend this tour, our guide, and the tour company. However, if you want to learn about the city in general, take a city tour, not a food tour as those are more focused on the area of the tour.

See more reviews
Reviewed 4 May 2017

It is so nice doing a food tour and going through a part of the city with a local that tells you about the neighbourhood and takes you inside to have a few good foods. Learn more about Chelsea with its food market (and the new Whitney Museum) or take a tour through the smaller streets of the Village. Taste a small cake, a italian bread with salami, some Chinese food or a part of a famous pizza. Taste some fish soup or some olive oil on a piece of bread. Then follow the guide to the next restaurant of shop. Don't forget to look around. Every view is special.