“Great food and fun neighborhood exploration”

City Food Tours and Events
Ranked #259 of 684 Tours in New York City
Type: City Tours, Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: The unique concept behind City Food Tours was developed in New York City when Joyce Weinberg, a seasoned food industry professional with more than 20 years of experience, wanted to share her passion for fine foods. From managing Fortune 500 confectionery businesses, to buying gourmet chocolates for Bloomingdales, she's done it all. Compared to other existing New York food tours that focus on more common foods, CFT introduces tour guests to a vast offering of high-quality, artisanal foods and encourage them to support local specialty stores, farmers, and sustainable agriculture. We help people realize that there's a lot more out there than the processed foods they encounter in mega-marts.
Reviewed 31 January 2017

This was a fun tour, and I highly recommend to people visiting New York.
Kenny (? spelling) was an excellent tour guide. He shared his personal experiences as well as relevant facts about the food and the neighborhoods.
The variety of the food was good. We tried chocolate, baked goods, cheese, a sandwich, as well as beer or wine.
It was a nice way to explore this part of Soho without aimlessly walking around.
I hope to participate in other City Food Tours in the future!

All reviews
in 18 reviews
"nyc"
in 48 reviews

Reviewed 18 January 2017

DO NOT SPEND YOUR MONEY ON THIS TOUR. The food portions are miniscule and the food is really not very good. The tour guide was very pleasant but actually gave little or no information about the areas that the tour visits- in fact, the tour ended 30 minutes early. Worse than the tour is the customer service. I accidentally deleted the email confirmation for the tour. When I called the business number (for the second time) to confirm that my reservation was in place, the owner was extremely rude and unprofessional. She chastised me for calling too early in the morning and waking her up. She refused to look up my reservation and argued with me about the meeting place, claiming that if I really had booked the tour, I would have known the meeting place. This company really needs to change its business practices- I would NEVER book with this company again. On another note, I have taken food tours several times with Food Tours of NY- foodtoursofny.com. Money is well spent with this company. The guides are engaging and knowledgeable and the food is delicious and plentiful.

2  Thank deb g
Reviewed 18 January 2017

My friends and I were disappointed by our food tour. We've been on previous NYC food tours (different company) and have had wonderful experiences. You walked away with an in-depth knowledge of the neighborhood and restaurants. We had the totally opposite experience on this food tour. The tour guide was incredibly friendly and nice but didn't provide any real information on the neighborhood or restaurants. We would have been better off walking around ourselves randomly selecting places. To add insult to injury the day before our tour we called to confirm our reservation as well as meeting location. The conversation we had with the Owner was beyond awful. Some of the worst customer service we've ever experienced.

2  Thank VGA2017
Reviewed 11 January 2017

This was a frustrating experience for my husband and I as I was under the impression that it was going to be a speak easy tour. The tour was walking around with another couple and tour guide to three random bars (NOT SPEAK EASYS) and receiving a cocktail of which was picked ahead of time by the tour guide's manager. The only thing prohibition about this tour was that the cocktails were named in a 1920's fashion. The cocktails were yummy for the most part but we did not get our money's worth whatsoever. Also, there is no tour involved, there is so history lesson or anything interesting that was said by the tour guide. Beware of this before purchasing. Luckily, the other couple were fantastic so we made new friends out of the experience.

2  Thank skeenamarie2017