1,334 results
All reviews rooms are small murray's bagels great location rooftop deck the high line new york the penthouse the empire state building queen bed up to date hotel room front desk staff subway stop street noise fitness center few blocks times square
Reviewed 24 February 2016

Holy wow, this place was absolutely phenomenal! I couldn't believe I was able to stay at such a luxurious place for the price that I got it for - it was a last minute decision for my partner and I to go to New York and we were incredibly lucky to find a place like this! We are avid travellers so we've stayed at a bunch of places. Things we always look for are: service of staff, cleanliness, the beds! (this is super important), and lighting. I prefer to stay in a place with bright natural light and the room we got was exactly that. The staff was amazing - helpful and courteous and we had the BEST SLEEP!

We were both super stoked to find such a gem and will definitely be coming back the next time we come to visit.

Room Tip: Buy some takeout, you will want to take advantage of the awesome room.
  • Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 February 2016

The gem hotel hotel is one of the best hotels, and for the price it's almost a steal. The room was nice, the staff was fantastic and I didn't ever feel uncomfortable.
I've stayed here numerous times and I have to say it's by far the best hotel with the best rates. The temperature in the rooms are always perfect and the staff is extremely friendly. Every time I need something they deliver it to my room within a couple of minutes
Very friendly and professional service, an extremely clean, bright, and SPACIOUS for NY room, comfortable bed, easy chair and a desk and a nice sized safe. Plenty of large, thick towels
They take good care of me every time I stay here and they never disappoint. When choosing a hotel, the most important thing for me is cleanliness and knowing I can rely on the staff if I ever need anything. Even if the front desk can't help with something, the manager there goes beyond my expectations and tries the best to fulfill my request. You really can't ask for anything more than that. They truly are the best.
If you're looking to enjoy your stay and have a great hotel room around Chelsea at a super affordable price, look no further!

Thank you guys for being so great!

• Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 February 2016 via mobile

I booked this hotel last minute when we decided to stay in the city for my husband's birthday because it was centrally located to our nights activities. At check-in the front desk staff upgraded us to the penthouse because we were staying for a special occasion. It was a very comfortable room with a large private balcony with great views. At first, I was concerned that the room was very cold (it was below freezing that night) but we turned up the heat and when we got back from dinner the room was very warm. If you are looking to stay around Chelsea I definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: February 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2016

I feel badly writing this because the staff was so kind, but this hotel is really awful. I was here on business and didn't get a say in where I stayed -- they booked all of us here. I'm not one who is used to fancy hotels -- I'm a Best Western/Holiday Inn kinda gal -- and this place felt like a Motel 6. The halls are dark and the wallpaper is peeling. The room is small, but that isn't a problem -- it's NYC, after all, that's to be expected. The bed was one of the most uncomfortable beds I've ever been on -- felt like a pull-out sofa bed. I could feel the springs through it, and one side was completely slanted (a divet that occurs when a bed is older and has had a lot of people in it.) I was trying to watch TV, and the TV was hanging off the wall, the picture was static-y on all stations, and at one point, one side of the TV had a block of permanent static and colored bars on it...I had to turn off the TV and turn it back on to make them go away. No refrigerator in the room made it very frustrating to bring back food (although they were kind enough to bring one up upon request.) Bath towels are the size of hand towels. The air conditioner/heating unit is SO LOUD. Their WiFi password changes every Monday, but for some reason my computer didn't "read" their network and I had to call down to the lobby to get the password every day.

Like I said, the staff is very kind...although they didn't seem too concerned when, upon my check out, they asked how my stay was and I expressed these concerns...and was met with "Well, everyone has different preferences." Thanks, guys. I don't ever plan on staying here again -- The Maritime a few blocks up is leagues better.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 14 February 2016

I stayed here for a week and liked the atmosphere and the location. The rooms are not large but well equipped. The bed was comfy. The free Wifi worked mostly well. One downside for me is the heating/ac unit which is, for European standards, very loud, and forced me to sleep with ear plugs.

• Stayed: February 2016, travelled on business