One of the major advantages is having an excellent location; you're withing walking distance of Times Square, 5th Avenue, Top of the Rock, Port Authority Bus Station (3 minutes away!) The staff was very pleasant and helpful, the rooms were a bit on the small side but comfortable enough. And it's not like you're going to be spending a lot of time on your room anyway, you're in New York!
The complimentary breakfast was of good quality with sufficient choice of food, even for my vegetarian co-travellers.
- there are only 2 elevators for the entire thirty-something floors, and one of them was regularly blocked for use (by staff?), whilst the other one sometimes had problems to speed up so it would take ages to get to our floor (which was the 18th...)
- you could clearly hear any loud neighbours, people walking through the hallways or stairs, elevators making bing-sounds all night long, etc. So bring earplugs
- Good thing was that there was the possibility to store your luggage after check-out so you could make the most of your day exploring the cities. And the luggage was tagged and behind closed doors, so not like anyone going to take your laptop from you.
- The staff in the entire hotel was friendly and helpful. I especially recommend Jamie for any questions you might have on places to go, things to do, restaurants to eat at. He's been very helpful for us and had a good insight into what travellers want when they have a very limited amount of time to spend in New York.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- This New York City hotel offers location close to Times Square. Located in the middle of Manhattan, the newly renovated Holiday Inn Express New York Times Square offers comfortable accommodations near New York s biggest attractions. With LaGuardia (LGA) and JFK International (JFK) both less than 15 minutes away, you'll find it easy getting to and from your destinations. Within walking distance of our Manhattan hotel, you can find a wealth of attractions. Just a block from our New York City hotel is Times Square and Broadway theatres. Other well known New York attractions such as the Empire State Building, Broadway and Central Park are within a few blocks of our hotel in Manhattan. Located near 42nd Street, our hotel is close to the main subway lines so you can get around the city easily. For the business traveler, there are many major New York business attractions located near our hotel in New York City. Major headquarters including Merrill Lynch, Legg Mason and Ernst & Young are all within walking distance of our New York City accommodations. With our convenient Manhattan location, you can make it on time to all your New York City meetings. Consider starting your day with one of our famous cinnamon rolls from the hot breakfast bar. Additionally, you can stay connected throughout your entire stay at our New York City hotel with free high-speed Internet access. Book your New York City room reservations now at our Manhattan hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Traveltool, S.L.U. so you can book your Holiday Inn Express New York City Times Square reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express New York City Times Square Hotel New York City