“Simply awesome”

Foods of New York Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Voted BEST CITY TOUR by CitySearch & praised by TIme Out New York Magazine with the phrase: "There is delicious justification for their popularity." We offer food tours 7 days a week and we tour in 5 different NYC neighborhoods. Check out our page with over 19,000 reviews. We are NEW YORK'S FIRST & BEST. Since 1999 we've been giving Food Tasting & Cultural Walking Tours through New York City's most delicious and historic neighborhoods. We provide a "Non-Touristy" experience so you feel like a Native New Yorker! And even if you are a native NYer, we'll show you some secret gems in downtown NYC that you may have missed. Each tour includes food tastings from specialty food shops, ethnic eateries, and local restaurants, as well as an "off the beaten path" glimpse of life in New York City -the history, culture, architecture, and entertainment offerings. We're New York's best Food Tasting & Cultural Walking tour! We can't wait to show you our favorite spots - and feed you all along the way. Come see us soon.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Miami, Florida
“Simply awesome”
Reviewed 20 February 2012

The tour and tour guide were amazing. A most do when in NYC.

Bakersfield, California
59 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 119 helpful votes
“Chelsea Market and Meat Packing District... perfection!”
Reviewed 19 February 2012

I chose this tour for my husband and myself based on the fact that it had the most "regular" food (as he put it!...). We both LOVED walking around the Chelsea Market with out fabulous tour guide and hearing all about both the history of the building and the neighborhood. We dined on fantastic cupcakes and lobster bisque, and even ran into some of our favorite SNL writers. We stopped by the High Line Park and had the opportunity to see some truly breathtaking views of the city on a windy but clear day. Our last stop in the Meat Packing District was a delicious ox-tail pasta dish that even my picky husband raved about. A great tour for those who have been to NYC plenty of times or who are new to the city. I will for sure chose to go on another tour with this company on my next trip to the city!

Visited March 2011
2 Thank teachergirl01
UK
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Greenwich village, all its history and Joe's pizzas? What more do you need?”
Reviewed 15 February 2012

Our guide Marie made everyone in the group so welcome. She was passionate about the people and the places we visited. And the food! We went to places we would never have visited, ate in local places we would have just walked straight past.
If you love a bit of history and trying out different foods from the age of 10 to a 100 this is a great tour. My only consulation was the amount of walking must have shifted the calzones and cookies!

1 Thank tankhillmax
Sydney, Australia
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 66 helpful votes
“A NY Must Do!!!”
Reviewed 13 February 2012

This was one of the highlights of our 7 day trip to New York. I have done food tours before in different city's but this was just awesome.
The quality of the food served over the 3 hour tour was amazing, we did the Original Greenwich Village Tour.
The tour guide Barri was amazing and her knowledge of the history was spot on.
You were just comfy at the end, without being hungry.
If we had more time we would have done all of the other tours offered. I would not hesitate in recommending this group to do the tour.

1 Thank morry1234
Dickson City, Pennsylvania
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“No better way to explore NYC”
Reviewed 30 January 2012

My wife & I went on our second Foods of NY tour. This time we did the West Village area of the city. It was another amazing time. Our guide this time was Marie and she was fabulous. We learned a lot of the history of the area and got to sample some of the best food from a variety of shops & restaurants. We also were able to visit some areas that we would never have been able to if we weren't on the tour. It's an amazing time offered at an amazing value. I can't recommend it highly enough.

Visited January 2012