4,511 results
All reviews select guest central park loyalty program great location new york rockefeller center madison ave patrick's cathedral times square each morning free wifi concierge staff turn down service midtown location wonderful hotel by nyc standards around the corner
Reviewed 7 January 2016

We brought our family to New York for our 40th anniversary. They handled everything perfectly from putting us all on the same floor to upgrading us upon arrival. We had a wonderful room with nice amenities. The staff was very friendly, the concierge was helpful in finding a sitter for our grandchildren, and the Santa in the lobby was a big hit. We have stayed here often and will definitely return.

Room tip: It might be best to pick a room with an internal view as it is quieter
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
David C, General Manager at Omni Berkshire Place, responded to this reviewResponded 8 January 2016

Thank you very much for your wonderful comments. We are very happy that our associates managed to meet and surpass many of your expectations. We are very lucky to have such a great Santa in our lobby every holiday season - it is wonderful to see that he is appreciated.

We look forward to hosting you again!

Kind regards

Reviewed 6 January 2016

We had a wonderful stay at the Omni in NYC. The suit was lovely, the staff was friendly, helpful and very professional. The location was ideal for a quiet evening with lots of good sighseeing possibililities!

Date of stay: January 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Omni Hotels & Resorts
Reviewed 6 January 2016

My family and I were traveling from Baltimore back to Rhode Island after Christmas and decided to stop in New York for a day to see some sights and break up the drive a bit. We reserved a room to check-in on December 27th and check-out on the 28th. Before I get to the very poor and unprofessional check-in let me say that the hotel room was nice and that the bell hops and valet attendants were great. The only problem with the hotel was the first impression.

We arrived in NYC around 11:00am and valet parked. Valet parking is $65 a day which probably isn't out of the question in Manhattan. Anyway, I decided to try to check-in early and was told that a room wasn't available and that check-in time was at 3:00pm. I understood and my family and I went out and did some stuff in the city and returned at 2:51pm. I then asked again for a room and was told that the room wasn't ready. I confirmed the 3:00pm check-in time with the desk agent and confirmed the time. I asked again at 3:05pm and he had said that the maids hadn't cleaned the room yet and that I should get a text when it's ready. It was already past check-in time, and for a hotel I'm paying $300 a night for that is unacceptable.

At this point my wife was getting frustrated and stressed out due to the price/quality of service balance. Looking around the lobby there were multiple families waiting on rooms past check-in time. Here we are in a AAA 4 diamond rated hotel with people sitting on the floor of the lobby waiting on rooms. Again, unacceptable.

Things came to a head when I overheard the desk agent telling another family that the time to get in their room would more than likely be 5:00pm. The woman stated that she and her family had tickets for a show that night and they needed to get ready. The agent told her that the rooms weren't marked as clean yet and there was nothing he could do. I then asked to speak to the manager.

He was nice enough and after looking through the computer found a room for us. This was around 3:45pm. I then had to ask what sort of compensation I would get for the inconvenience. I'm not looking for a handout but how about free late check-out, free parking or vouchers to the hotel restaurant? You are paid to provide a service and fail and then I'm in the position to feel like a beggar to make things right? Again, unacceptable.

If your housekeeping is not up to par, if your systems for verifying rooms as clean is not up to par or anything in your hotel does not meet the standard of your price point, you need to fix it and not make me think of ways to make it right.

They OMNI Berkshire Place took what turned out to be an amazing trip and put a black eye on it from the beginning. No one likes spending that kind of money to tell others about their trip to say "It was an amazing time, but...." I don't pay $300 a night to have a "but" attached.

You need to fix your check-in process to ensure people are receiving the value and quality associated with the OMNI brand and your price point.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
3  Thank Mike P
David C, General Manager at Omni Berkshire Place, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2016

Thank you very much for taking the time to compose such a detailed review of your stay with us. We are glad to read that apart from the check in your stay went well. of course, you are absolutely right that your check in process was unacceptable. The hotel did indeed struggle keeping pace with the plethora of arrivals that Christmas day. We normally are able to allow guests to check in well before the guarantied 3PM check in time. All to say we want to extend a heartfelt apology. If ever you return to New York City, please give us a second chance to impress you. Feel free to reach out to me directly at the hotel and it will be my pleasure to upgrade your accommodations.

Reviewed 5 January 2016

My first time at this hotel - nice folks, very kind and courteous. Great location for shopping on 5th Avenue, short walk to Rockefeller Center. The rooms are just very lack-luster. Clean, very small and had a terrible view of another building out our window. Probably would not return here, but if you're not too picky about your room - it indeed has a great location.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank MissMo1
David C, General Manager at Omni Berkshire Place, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2016

Thank you very much for sharing your experience while staying at our hotel. While we are pleased to read that you appreciated the kindness of our staff and that the location met your needs, we are of course sad to read that you did not enjoy the accommodations. We have several categories of rooms, and many of our rooms on the higher floors offer wonderful views of 5th avenue or Madison avenue. We also have numerous accommodations that offer additional space. If ever you return to our hotel, please feel free to reach out to me and it will be my pleasure to upgrade you to one of these superior rooms.

Reviewed 5 January 2016

Location is great. Service was on point, and my room was bigger than the typical NY hotel room. What else can you ask for when traveling on business? Will definitely stay here again. Had a quick breakfast in their lobby restaurant twice and when we told the server that we were on a time crunch he delivered!

Date of stay: November 2015
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Thank you very much for your wonderful feedback. We are very pleased to see that you enjoyed your stay, the accommodations, and the service. Making the stay of a business traveler just a little more enjoyable is all the reward we need to stay motivated!