All reviews javits center hudson yards penn station front desk sink faucet spg hotels skylight diner the high line overnight stay highly recommend this property nyc room shampoo and conditioner west side minute walk red eye flight lincoln tunnel desk area
Reviewed 8 October 2018

After a horrible experience with an Airbnb rental we had to find another place to stay fast. We tried 3 times to make a reservation at 3 different hotels through Priceline.com (HORRIBLE) but found out later there really was no reservation. The first one (Club Quarters--bad review coming shortly) we actually showed up to check in and were told our card was declined and they basically threw us out. We made 2 other attempts with similar results. Finally we found Four Points in Midtown Manhattan. They welcomed us with open arms. Seriously. They were so sympathetic to our horrific afternoon and were so friendly and accommodating throughout our stay. They had no problem running our card btw. The rooms are pretty small compared to most hotels but it was spotless. The bed was super comfy, the bedding was crisp and fresh and the pillows were amazing. The bathroom was gorgeous. Fresh and clean as a whistle--a breath of fresh air. Special thanks to Eddie Donovan. He was so accommodating and helpful. We would recommend this hotel without hesitation.

• Stayed: October 2018, travelled as a couple
DritonP6, AGM at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Midtown West, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2018

Dear Jenny S, thank you for taking your time to write this review. We are happy to hear that we were able to accommodate you after such a long day. New York is a big city and feeling left out makes it even lonelier. The kind words with regards to the staff and Eddie will sure motivate the staff to keep striving to always offer the best customer service possible! Again, thank you for the kind review and we hope we have the chance to serve you again in the near future. Thank You

Reviewed 3 October 2018

I don't know where to begin! This was an altogether awesome stay. From the desk clerks, to the restaurant and bar, and even the doorman...all were professional, accommodating, and just plain friendly. Our experience was above expectations and we will definitely stay there again! To all of you reading this: the food is prepared by a world class chef and the bartender, Marshall, was incredible! The only minus was the construction noise, but that wasn't the hotel's fault. Hopefully, they'll be finished by our next visit!

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
DritonP6, AGM at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Midtown West, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2018

Dear FrequentFlier247880, thank you for taking your time to write this review. We appreciate all the kind words in regards to the Hotel and Restaurant staff. This will be shared with all and I know that they will be motivated knowing their hard work is being appreciated. We hope you had a wonderful stay with us and we hope to see you soon in the near future. Thank You

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

This hotel is quirky and in a great location. The staff are friendly, and very helpful. The rooms are comfortable and clean. The view from our room was magnificent and we really felt like we were in New York. The hotel pre warned us of the road works in NYC, so it was a bit noisy. But I loved that we were informed so knew what to expect. If you buy a room with breakfast included, just know the breakfast is limited to two choices. This was probably the only disappointment about this hotel. Because the hotel did have more choices, it just wasn’t included with the breakfast. Other than that we enjoyed our stay.

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with friends

Dear Sihaam4, thank you for taking your time to write this review. Thank you for all the kind feedback! We hope you enjoyed your stay with us overall and hopefully you found the new and upcoming Hudson Yards convenient with the 7 train only 2 minutes away and the Jacob Javits Center only down the block. I will go ahead and share the restaurant feedback with the third party operator which owns and runs the restaurant here in the hotel. Again, thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you soon in the near future. Thank You

Reviewed 14 September 2018

I really tried to give this hotel five stars. After all, it was impeccably clean, with modern rooms, and nifty light switches, a nice comfortable bed, snazzy bathroom lay-out with sliding door, glass shower enclosure, and pristine faucet fixtures. I really appreciated the elevated window sills that enabled me to walk around buck naked without fear of being spied upon by secret admirers in adjacent or opposite buildings. The pull-down shades and blinds were an excellent touch to keep the room extra dark, and the ventilation system didn’t sound like a bunch of leaf blowers in my neighbor’s yard.

Unfortunately, the value wasn’t there. There’s no way that I can give Four Points Sheraton five stars for the price I paid. And yes, I realize this is New York City, and everything here is super expensive, but even with a negotiated corporate rate, I ended up paying over $1000 for two nights including a couple of breakfasts I hosted for one other colleague. That’s just not right.

Let’s also talk the room, shall we? Yes, it was clean and modern, but it was also the size of a king bed with four feet on either side. The ventilation system was so convoluted, neither I nor my two other colleagues could figure out how to turn it on properly – too many buttons, too unintuitive a design to be practical for folks not living there full-time. The gym was so small, I didn’t even bother going. And while the bathroom was clean, the water pressure was a joke. The water in the sink faucet trickled so slowly, it would have taken an hour to fill up a gallon container. Why does this matter? Well, I am all for conserving water, but there are limits. I still like to be able to wash down toothpaste spit. I still like there to be hot water within five minutes of me activating the faucet. I don’t really appreciate the hypocrisy of the hotel ignoring my on-line willingness to skip room service only for it to restrict my water consumption as if I were an irresponsible teenager. The shower wasn’t much better – my colleague complained the first day that she wasn’t even able to rinse out the conditioner from her hair.

Let’s also talk about the restaurant downstairs. Four points Sheraton seems to be entry level, like a Hampton in the Hilton line. And yet Four points Sheraton makes you buy your own breakfast, and what a crummy expensive one it is. It was virtually impossible to get out of there for under $30, and for what? Slimy scrambled eggs cooked in oil with the saltiest chicken sausage east of the Mississippi along with hash browns and a couple pieces of toast? No thank you.

Breakfast should have been complimentary, especially since there was construction on the street below that woke up a LOT of people at 6 AM. Management did leave a letter on the desk in the room informing us that they had no control over this, but they still should have considered this as part of the overall experience. After all, not all of the suffering should be endured by the customer. I fault Four Points Sheraton for not doing enough (or anything) to compensate its customers for this inconvenience in light of its high prices and an a la carte breakfast system. I left utterly convinced that this place should have cost SIGNIFICANTLY less, and that management was taking advantage of its clientele.

In summary, I give Four Points four stars for being clean, proper, and “correct”, but a huge negative star for lacking value. I would only return if this were addressed AND if someone rectified the ridiculously poor water pressure situation.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Cherry_Wonderdog
DritonP6, AGM at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Midtown West, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2018

Dear Cherry_Wonderdog, thank you for taking your time to write this review. We appreciate all the feedback as it is a crucial way for us to improve our daily operations. Please do email me directly at Dpllana@fourpointsmanhattanmidtownwest.com so we can discuss further as well. With regards to the water pressure, we are part of the Green Initiative which has it's specifics we have to meet in order to be compliance. We are looking into this matter to ensure we always give the maximum pressure possible. The Hudson Bar Restaurant is a third party entity which is independently owned and operated. All feedback will be given to them as well so they can improve as well. With regards to the Construction, I do apologize for any inconvenience caused. Some of the companies do have permits to work 24/7 which NYC has issued to them. Fortunately, they do not use those permits around the clock but they do begin at 6:30am to 4/5pm. This is the standard time in NYC for all construction companies and the last few years it feels as everywhere we go in NYC there is some sort of work being completed. Again, I do apologize for any inconvenience and I look forward to your email. Thank You

Reviewed 10 September 2018

Quick check-in, we were advised of the possible construction noise from the Hudson Yards. Booked a King room, very clean and modern, comfortable bed. Location is great the High Line park, Times Square and other sites walking distance. New neighbourhood feel however lots of construction around. Away from the craziness of Time Square. We were in town for the US Open, the hotel is conveniently located on Line 7 (Hudson Yard Station) first stop on the line and last when returning from Flushing Meadows. Enjoyed our stay would definitely recommend and return if given the opportunity.

• Stayed: September 2018, travelled as a couple
DritonP6, AGM at Four Points by Sheraton Manhattan Midtown West, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2018

Dear CanSunSeeker, thank you for taking your time to write this review. We appreciate all the kind words you chose! We hope that the whole staff was able to accommodate you throughout your stay with us. Being in the new Hudson Yards is great as it is the newest upcoming neighborhood in NYC. Many people want to explore it daily and we are here to assist in every step of the way! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you soon. Thank You