“Some of the best dumplings I have ever enjoyed!”

La Salle Dumpling Room
Ranked #4,631 of 15,923 Restaurants in New York City
Neighbourhood: Morningside Heights
Neighbourhood: Morningside Heights
Reviewed 5 March 2018

Following a day in the city with my wife, we decided to meet up for a late afternoon meal with a friend. He recommended the La Salle Dumpling Room---I am so glad he did!

I enjoyed dumplings that were among the best I have ever had including dumplings and momos I have enjoyed on the Asian continent. The steamed pork and kimchi dumplings tasted as amazing as they looked. The contents had a perfect consistency and the balls were firm enough to be handled by chopsticks but just the right pliability for chewing. Note that the dumpling are formed in different shapes based on the contents. All of the steamed dumplings are served in a bamboo steamer.

For my main meal, I had the spicy beef and noodle soup. Our server knew exactly what I wanted and provided peppers and spices that provided the extra heat I desired. This was a generous bowl of soup with tender and flavorful beef strips, chili peppers and tasty noodles in an incredibly flavorful broth. During my meal, I enjoyed a couple of glass of bubble iced tea which was as delicious and authentic as I have ever had.

The restaurant is spotlessly clean with a friendly and helpful staff. But is was the food that so impressed me--can't wait to return to sample more of the dumplings.

Date of visit: February 2018

Reviewed 19 February 2018

Overall, what a great little gem tucked into the NW corner of LaSalle and Broadway. The scallion cakes were delicious, and the vegetarian steamed dumplings superb, but the Szechuan tofu was more Cantonese in texture and overly spicy with too little taste. The main criticism of the place is that there are not enough non-meat options. Every category on the menu should have a vegetarian option, but there are, sadly, only three. But for the meat eater, this must be a fabulous find. Very inexpensive, lovely wait staff, congenial surroundings. Terrific overall.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 6 January 2018

Very friendly server who provided good service-he was the only employee out front due to the snowstorm that day. Dumplings were pretty good-had the steamed vegetable and the pan fried pork. The other menu offerings looked interesting-would come back for another trip to try other dishes. Note-no bathrooms inside the actual restaurant, but there is a door connecting to the business next to them that has a restroom that you can use.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 9 November 2017

Delicious and reliable eatery, comfortable prices, family-friendly and also a nice date-night option. Love the dumplings, but everything we've tried here is delicious. Nice helpful waitstaff. Near the #1 125th Street subway stop.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

Everything is very fresh here. We had the pork and kimchi dumplings, which were served with a ginger soy sauce. We also had the vegetable pot stickers. The staff was friendly and helpful. They offered some good advise on menu choices.

Date of visit: October 2017