1,974 results
All reviews times square port authority full size refrigerator new york fridge freezer an extended stay laundry facilities free coffee room cleaning longer stay clean towels penn station few blocks queen bed the empire state building would definitely stay here again around the corner
Reviewed 9 September 2018 via mobile

We checked in,the night auditor is awful Edward.He should learn customer service, he needs to learn how to talk to the guest.Even the Pm frontdesk agents they were more busy looking in to there cellphones rather than helping the guest.I called several times from my room to the frontdesk and each time I was being hung up on.I went down to get the coffee cups and I was being told we are busy and there was no one on the frontdesk.Rather they were busy using there cellphone the black girl with glasses and the Asian girls I think they are not happy at that place.I asked for the manager 3 times in my trip I was being told the manager doesn’t like to meet the guest.I said if I can meet the general manager since I had soo many issues we were being told the general manager is not willing to meet me. Over all the rooms were dirty I had hairs all over my bed bathroom was leaking no one came to fix elevator smell like pee.someone walked into our room while we were in the room.This place looks crazzy they all need to work on several things

Stayed: September 2018, travelled with family
Erika F, Assistant General Manager at Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2018

Dear Robin78648,

Please accept my sincere apologies for your obvious disappointment in your stay. As the manager, unfortunately I was out of the office Tues-Thursday last week and was not able to speak with you personally. At Candlewood Suites, our primary focus is on guest satisfaction and comfort. I would like to make sure you reviewing the right hotel and speak with you more about your experience, as we do not have a black girl with glasses or multiple asian girls at our Front Desk.

Please reach out to me at your earliest convenience at (212) 967-2254.

Reviewed 30 August 2018

Me and a few good best friends stayed at this hotel this summer break recently and we really liked it. Nothing to dislike about this hotel. We also liked to how cool the building looked from the inside and outside.

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed 30 August 2018

I stay in Candlewood Suites regularly and I'm an IHG Spire Elite member because I travel for work on a weekly basis. I love the fullsize fridge and kitchen area in my room so I don't have to eat out every night and the rooms are always clean and nice. When I heard from coworkers that they didn't like Candlewood I was kind of surprised. Now maybe I know why.

Front desk was friendly and helpful. No complaints there. I even chatted a bit with one of the employees. When I got to my room I realized that it was tiny compared to other Candlewoods. Not a huge shock in NY I guess. I looked out my 26th floor window to see two huge buildings under construction, covered in scaffolding, and the skyline blocked. Ok well that's fine I'm here for work not pleasure.

Took my shoes off and started to get comfortable, but instantly felt something sticking to my feet. It was tons of strands of medium length dark hair. Disgusting. Just thinking about it makes me feel nauseous. Even after asking to have someone vacuum the carpet (I know they at least came in because things were moved around) I still found plenty of hair hair.

So I go into the bathroom to rinse my feet off and the bathroom is fine, but when I get a towel down to dry off I notice it has brownish stains on the edges. Probably just rust from old industrial washers, but it still looks gross. I look at all the other towels and multiple others have similar stains. One towel was actually frayed and tattered around the edges. Ridiculous.

The worst part was the cigarette smell. At first I thought it was coming in from outside, maybe some construction worker from the buildings across the street, but when I opened the widow and got some airflow it went away. Unfortunately, it was August and hot at hell outside so I had to use the AC. Without constant outside air a strong smell of cigarettes would occasionally drift out from the bathroom vent (I'm pretty sure some other guest was smoking in their bathroom). Just another thing to make me feel uncomfortable and nauseous in this hotel.

Finally, when I went to use the laundry machines in the basement, the night before I left, there was water leaking all over the floor and someone (the staff?) was using multiple guest machines to wash huge loads of washcloths and hand-towels. Again, ridiculous. At this point almost comical. Also there was an old Australian woman passed out drunk on the bench down there in the basement, but I can hardly blame the hotel for a drunk guest I guess.

Actually I think the large number of foreign tourists staying here was possibly the root of the smoke problem. Even though the hotel has multiple signs stating that it is a 100% smoke free hotel, I doubt drunk tourists who don't plan on staying here again are especially worried about being banned from the hotel for smoking.

This is BY FAR the most expensive Candlewood I've ever stayed in, and I know it's New York, but jesus try reinvesting some of that money into better cleaning and newer linens. I won't ever be returning here, but I will probably try Candlewood again somewhere else because I usually have a great experience and the price is normally perfect. Luckily my work plans changed and my 3 week stay became a 4 nighter. I was VERY relieved to get out of there.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
2  Thank Tom H
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2018

Hi Tom H,

Glad to hear from one of our Spire Elite members! Thank you for your candid review. I am sorry to hear that your stay was less than satisfactory. Sorry we fell below your expectations on our area of cleanliness. All the issues you have raised will be shared with the team for future improvements.

We hope to have the honor of hosting you again should your travels bring you back to the area.

Again, thanks for choosing Candlewood Suites!

Many Thanks,

Ronald R.
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

The reception staff are very helpful, polite and welcoming.

Would definitely stay here again!!

Cold water in the fridge on arrival and out in the foyer
Fantastic aircon
Plenty of towels
Help always at hand

I think some people expect way too much, I over heard someone asking for plastic hangers but they have wooden...?? They offered the laundry service to this lady and she said she can’t dryer her clothes... jhesss you’re staying in a suite, if you have specific requirements for hangers then bring your own!

Thank you to all at candlewood!! Loved it

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ktrog30
Erika F, Assistant General Manager at Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2018

Dear ktrog30,
Wow - thank you so much for sharing such a detailed review of your stay with us! We absolutely love the feedback and will keep taking care of our guests the way they've become accustomed. We hope you stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 25 August 2018

Wow! After 13+ calls and 6+ e-mails about a reservation question and still not the reservation I wanted for an upcoming Veterinary Conference, I posted to Tripadvisor: Bad, Worse, Worst = Terrible. 5 days later, the asst manager called me to help. When she heard all the details, she explained how I had made an error, apologized for the shoddy reception/reservation help, and gave me the hotel suite that I asked for when she really did not have to do that! Thank you Erika F from Candlewood Suites Times Square. — feeling astonished and quite happy.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled on business
Erika F, Assistant General Manager at Candlewood Suites New York City Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2018

Dear pasignmond,

It is truly my pleasure to accommodate. Looking forward to your stay in November! WELCOME TO CANDLEWOOD SUITES TIMES SQUARE!