Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$111
Hotels.comUS$111
TravelocityUS$111
TripadvisorUS$111
Destinia.com
Orbitz.comUS$111
All reviews waffles room was clean great place to stay free breakfast easy access off the highway chris hendersonville tiffany pet pillows chain mountains fall
Selected filters
Reviewed 7 April 2021

First, let me start off by saying that if this was not a pet friendly hotel, I would be giving it 5 stars. We found this hotel on Groupon and decided to try it.

My first impression of this hotel was walking into the lobby to check in and being met by a guest with a large doberman pincher who was barking loudly and the dog's owner was egging him on. The staff wasn't doing anything to discourage the loud barking. This dog had to be 50+ pounds. When I asked if the dog was staying there I was told yes they were guests. During our weekend stay every person we saw with a dog or dogs, except one, all had large dogs. At least 50 pounds or more.

The outside of the hotel and the lobby were nice. Our room was nice and well kept. Everything was clean. The beds were extremely comfortable. The staff was friendly, especially the housekeepers. Breakfast the first morning was better than the second as by the second, they were out of several items that were out the first day. The breakfast consisted of waffles, instant grits or oatmeal, cereal, milk, fruit, yogurt, muffins and juice. Pretty good offering considering the pandemic. Just disappointed they were out of several things on the second day.

Not sure I would stay here again due to it being pet friendly. I'm not sure if the entire hotel is pet friendly or just certain rooms but we did have a pet across the hall from us. But if pet friendly doesn't bother you, it's a good hotel. I will say it's the nicest pet friendly hotel I've been in.

Date of stay: April 2021
1  Thank Krr1975
Reviewed 19 March 2021 via mobile

This is a wonderful place!! It feels like home when you walk in. The staff is very friendly and helpful. They have a free breakfast. The rooms are very nice and clean. We brought our dog and had an incident. We went out and she decided to destroy the carpeting in the room. I was so embarrassed, but they were so good about it. I would definitely stay here again.

Date of stay: March 2021
Trip type: Travelled with friends
1  Thank Ruth Z
Reviewed 12 November 2020

Often I feel like the locations/parking lots of hotels off the highway aren't super safe, and with a carload of stuff while traveling very visible, I worry overnight. This location felt, and was, secure and with good lighting.

However, the best part of my experience besides the room being comfortable and clean, was the special service I received from the manager, Chris, regarding my situation and needs. Super friendly, easy going but professional and efficient, and added suggestions I never would have thought to ask about that were very helpful once he heard I was relocating. I was very grateful for his kind assistance. Thanks again, Chris! --- Shannon from FL

Date of stay: November 2020
1  Thank FLShannon
Reviewed 13 October 2020 via mobile

Our family consists of more dogs than humans, therefore we reserved 2 rooms. I forgot to request the ground floor and for the rooms to be near each other. Thankfully, the staff thought of both making our stay more comfortable.

We have stayed in many pet friendly hotels and none have ever met the standards Mountain Inn and Suites maintains.

All rooms are pet friendly. Experience has taught me not to have high expectations. The rooms were very spacious and clean.

Our visit kept us close to the Inn. We were in and out multiple times at all hours. There was not a time of day we didn't see someone doing something to keep the facility clean.

I highly reccomend Mountain Inn and Suites to all furry families. It felt so nice knowing my pets were accepted. So many times before facilities have made me feel as though they preferred our pets stayed home.

Kim

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Kggillespie
Reviewed 8 October 2020 via mobile

I booked through Expedia and apparently the photos are out dated. We drove 2 hours and when we arrived no one were wearing masks, the site looked very old. When I checked into my room there was a very strong smell, the bed appeared to be cleaned, but the tub had brown stains and just looked dirty. So we decided we didn't want to stay, I informed the man at the front desk who then caught a attitude and said there was nothing he could do since I booked it through a 3rd party. I returned the key and called Expedia who then contacted the front desk. This man lied through his teeth and said we were there for over 2 hours when we literally walked in and out. After driving another 2 hours back home we had to wait until the morning to speak with the manager, who also lied. Claimed that the camera footage and computer shows us checking in at 4 when we didn't leave home until after 4. I guess they really didn't want to refund my money, this was my first and last time visiting flat rock. The atmosphere wasn't welcoming at all and the customer service was unbelievably terrible. I've never felt so uncomfortable and I am stunned at how the management and employees lied. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple