“Best restaurant in the area”
Review of Cafe Diablo

Cafe Diablo
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Diablo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 22 Restaurants in Torrey
Cuisines: Southwestern, Fusion
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

On a recent visit to Torrey we had dinner at Café Diablo. We found the food to be innovative and delicious. It was well presented and the service was excellent. A great experience overall and highly recommended.

1  Thank Laszlo S
Write a ReviewReviews (1,673)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We had a disappointing incident on a recent visit. My wife ordered a filet, but what she got was not a filet. It was a steak of some kind, but tough and chewy. It was not small, thick and round as filets usually are. It may have been a filet but it was terrible. The potatoes were not hot, for her and for our friends that had ordered the same. And the vegetables were also cold. All in all un unpleasant experience.

1  Thank dels3179
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Cafe Diablo is exceptional. From the food to the ambiance and outdoor dining area, I highly recommend taking the time to enjoy dinner here.

The San Saba Pecan Chicken is delightful. I'd do anything to capture the breaded recipe for the chicken.

Be sure to check out the beautiful art work inside as well!

1  Thank 81traveler101
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We stayed in Torrey, at the Old School House( review pending). Cafe Diablo was recommended to us. We liked it so much, we returned for our second dinner after visiting Capitol Reef National Park. The decor and set up is deceiving of cuisine that would meet exigent standards of sophisticated urban dwellers. For instance,e had empanada appetizers which were not only very good but presented in a rather elegant fashion. We had ribs, fish, salads, all of excellent quality and taste, and outstanding desserts both in flavor and presentation. Many choices for demanding customers, from vegan to recalcitrant carnivores.

1  Thank Daniel S
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

After reading the reviews we decided to try this place ourselves. It did not disappoint. The meal started with some complementary "cowboy bread." Garlic haters beware - it is REALLY garlicky. I personally hated it, but it did not distract from my meal.

We started with salads, which were pretty much what you would expect - fresh and tasty. I ordered the braised lamb shank and my husband ordered the pumpkin ravioli. Both were delicious. However, while my husband got what I would consider a normal portion of ravioli, I could have easily shared my lamb shank with a random stranger and we both would have been stuffed - a lot of food. This does not just apply to the lamb shank. I noticed two men at the table next to me eating something that looked quite tasty and inquired. They had both ordered the rack of ribs and neither one was able to finish their portion. The service was very good. All in all, a great experience.

1  Thank sheilabK659US

Been to Cafe Diablo? Share your experiences!