“Exquisite ”
Review of Cafe Diablo

Cafe Diablo
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Diablo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #2 of 20 Restaurants in Torrey
Cuisines: Southwestern, Fusion
Good for: Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

I stumbled upon this place traveling southern Utah with friends. It was getting late and every place we passed was closed for the winter. Thankfully we came across the cafe which was very inviting from the outside. The ambiance was very nice and quaint with abstract art on the walls and a candle lit table. Their extensive wine and tequila list was topped with specialty margaritas(the prickly pear was delicious!). Everything on the menu sounded so good but I decided on the herb crusted filet and we all got rattlesnake cakes(made with real rattlesnake) to share. The food looked as beautiful as it tasted, everything was to die for and my steak was cooked perfectly. The service from the moment we walked through the door was excellent. I would recommend looking up cafe diablo if you are in the Torrey area. You won’t regret it!

2  Thank Caseface91
Write a ReviewReviews (1,557)

Reviewed 16 January 2018

Staying overnight in Torrey we turned to TA to find a restaurant for our dinner. Café El Diablo is the place to stop.
The food is great the drinks are good and the prices affordable.
The rattlesnake cake was a first for me and I really enjoyed it. The Elk was perfectly cooked and delicious.
Try it

2  Thank Christian D
Reviewed 6 January 2018 via mobile

My parents use to rave about Cafe Diablo the first decade it was open. I have tried it twice in the last couple years and both time were disappointing. Food quality must have gone down in recent years. They do have Margaritas and other cocktails. The ambience is nice so hopefully they can work on their recipes and food quality.

Reviewed 21 December 2017

What a delightful find in such a small town, Torrey. The menu was extensive and the food delicious. The service was friendly and it was nice surprise to find that they were able to open the bottle of wine we brought with us. Note that this place is usually packed - make reservations! It was so good that we made dinner reservations for the following night after the first night we eat there. My only regret - we went back for lunch on our last day to try the Cuban Sandwich only to find out that they were out of that item. Darn!

2  Thank sstern6
Reviewed 13 December 2017

Booked well in advance as a very popular restuarant albeit in the middle of no-where!
Made very welcome on arrival with complimentary nibbles whilst checking out the varied menu which was very unusual and tempted us into having appertizers! One diner had Rattlesnake Cakes - a take on the tasty crab cake that we all love and enjoy and by all counts extremely delicious and moreish! The food was presented in a modern style and some dishes were quite vibrant in colour and taste. Highly recommended for an unusual menu and good service.

2  Thank TheHappyHikers

Been to Cafe Diablo? Share your experiences!