“French Toast”
Review of Cafe Gratitude

Cafe Gratitude
Reserve with OpenTable
Cafe Gratitude is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 5,481 Restaurants in San Diego
Reviewed 15 June 2016

Met a friend for coffee here and ended up having their French Toast with berries...amazing! The restaurant is so clean and the energy is peaceful and relaxed...even if it is in downtown.

Reviewed 11 June 2016

Eating here is an experience, and it is amazing! The staff is friendly, the environment is positive, the food is full of flavor, and it is all vegan! A must eat when in San Diego.

Reviewed 30 May 2016

As a vegetarian and aspiring vegan, I was thrilled to find this spot in Little Italy for breakfast. The menu is insane and it look me 15 minutes to pick something. Our food was so good that we went back the next day for dinner! Be sure to order the banana bread, and order another one for a snack the next day.

The menus are extensive and clearly put together by a food and life loving chef. Each item is given a name that is a positive adjective and you order by saying "I am" and then the item, like "I am Strong". It's a little hokey, but I liked the spirit of the idea.

This spot is also great for meat eaters! Lovely decor!

Reviewed 27 May 2016

I was looking for a healthy breakfast and stumbled upon Cafe Gratitude...I'm not a vegan but don't rely on meat in every meal - in fact this was my first visit to a vegan restaurant. I have to say the food was fantastic.

I tried the "Worthy" cold pressed juice which was really tasty, I loved the spicy ginger kick. The "Supremo" burrito was massive, and so tasty! I was surprised that I finished it, but it was really really good, and couldn't stop eating.

The staff asked if it was my first time visiting, were very friendly and on hand to explain anything that was on the menu. The only thing I could really say is that there is not really much information on the menu about the fairtrade/sustainability efforts made by the restaurant, but it is all explained on their website very clearly!

Even if you aren't vegan, or interested in the ethics of the restaurant I'd recommend a visit for a delicious meal! I'll definitely be visiting again when I'm in San Diego again.

1  Thank patch87
Reviewed 25 May 2016 via mobile

We are here three times during our three day visit. It was that good! Even if you're not a vegan, the food is amazing. My favorite was the black bean burgers. Gladly accommodated our food allergies. Tiramisu was a hit! Try it, you won't be disappointed!