As we have three children, finding a hotel that has standard rooms large enough for five is tough and limits your selection. I was able to book the Dana for Presidents Day weekend through their website. We booked a King room in the new section with a sofa bed. We drove down to San Diego and spent the day at Sea World the went to check into the room after dinner that evening.
We were given a room in the new section (as requested) overlooking the Marina. It was nice and large. I called the front desk and requested a crib (had forgotten to do that when reserving a room) and they delivered on within 15 minutes (which is much faster than other hotels have been). The "double" sofa bed was actually only a twin, but that was fine with us as we had brought a blow up air mattress for my son. There was plenty of room for everyone we could still move around. We had a nice balcony with a table and two chairs. The bathroom was spotless and really nice with a natural skylight and wall lights (no florescent lights). The toilet had a quiet flush on it and my son loved that there were q-tips and cotton balls in the bathroom along with the shampoo, mouthwash & conditioner (little things impress 9 year old boys). There were also two robes and slippers for use. There was a nice sink in the bathroom with a fridge and microwave (they even had a recycling bin under the sink). It was very comfortable and quiet (although you could hear the airplanes from time to time).
The kids loved in. It was heated with nice views, good size jacuzzi. The pool on the old section was also nice, although no views, but they had ping-pong and other games as well. The bar would put any drinks in plastic cups for you so you could take them to the pool area.
Not many, and we were there over presidents day weekend, and the were fully booked. No rooms available at all. Our room was not cleaned until 3:30 in the afternoon - which was a bit late for us as we left in the morning before 8:00 and were back to relax and clean up for dinner at 3:00.
THE RESTAURANT: BLUE OYSTER
Breakfast is available at the Blue Oyster in the old section, and definitely has a dated feel to it. The food was okay. Nothing great, but average hotel breakfast food. The service was slow (had to ask for things several times, including coffee refills). Would not go out of my way to eat there, but it worked for breakfast.
Would defiantly stay there again when we return to San Diego. The staff (excluding the Blue Oyster staff) were extremely friendly and helpful.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A waterfront resort enveloped by tropical landscaping, The Dana on Mission Bay, BW Premier Collection delivers an exceptional lodging experience in a casual, relaxed atmosphere. Rest comfortably in a well-appointed guestroom or two-room suite overlooking Mission Bay. Delight in such quality amenities as two outdoor, heated swimming pools, fitness center, private marina, and watersport and bicycle rentals on site. Our location is both family- and business-friendly. The Dana on Mission Bay, BW Premier Collection is less than one mile to Mission Beach and Belmont Park. We're the closest hotel to SeaWorld San Diego and a short drive to the San Diego Zoo. And the San Diego Convention Center is equally convenient. In short, the only thing we overlook is the bay. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Dana on Mission Bay, BW Premier Collection reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Dana On Mission Bay Hotel San Diego
- Dana On Mission Bay Hotel
- Dana Mission Bay