Book now, pay at stay
US$292
  • Pool
The Westin San Diego(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$251
US$202
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$248/night.

Red Roof Inn San Diego - Pacific Beach/SeaWorld(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$148
US$129
Red Roof
Paradise Point Resort & Spa(San Diego)
US$449
US$349
  • Pool
PB Surf Beachside Inn(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$275
US$267
US$414
US$388
Official Site
  • Pool
Bahia Resort Hotel(San Diego)(Great Value!)
US$1,331
US$336
Hilton San Diego Resort & Spa(San Diego)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$346
US$312
  • Beachfront
Pacific Terrace Hotel(San Diego)
Free cancellation until 22/07
US$706
US$558
Orbitz.com
  • Beachfront
2,595 results
All reviewsfirefly restaurantsea worldmission baytropical poolresort feemarina viewbelmont parkstandard roomfree shuttleshuttle serviceshort drivefamily vacationcoffee makerfire pitthe san diego areala jollapools
Reviewed 16 February 2007

We stayed for 3 nights. Using TripAdvisor to search for a comfortable, clean hotel with nice pool for my daughter to swim in. When we arrived at SAN, the complimentary shuttle to and from Dana had already left. So we called the hotel to ask when the next shuttle will come to pick up from SAN. She said, everyhour on the hour. We couldn't wait there that long so she told us to take a taxi and they will reimburse the fare (not the tip). When we arrived, my wife and daughter didn't look impressed because it reminded them of a motel or a bungalow. The bldg is mostly made out of wood except for the new section overlooking the bay. The staff was super nice, especially Kevin the bellman and Ana the mngr at the Blue Pearl. They both went out of their way to accomodate us. Kevin gave us a ride to Sea World after we missed the shuttle again. The swimming pool was great. Anyway, the rooms we booked thru Travelocity, came with free breakfast for two everyday. Priced at $169/night w/breakfast or $159 w/out (thru Dana). The only problem, it's a set menu of 2 eggs or pancakes or french toast, then 4 sausages or 4 bacon, then hash brown, and toast, then coffee,or tea or juice. So for the next 3 mornings that's what we ate. It kinda got old after the third day. Imagine if I booked for 5 nights. Yikes! If your going to order pancakes or french toast, you'll overload on carbs for sure because you'll have pancakes, 4 pieces of toast, and hashbrown. That's why the second day we ordered eggs to balance carbs with protein since we were going to get toast and hash brown anyways. The two breakfast was enough for the 3 of us to share. Back to the rooms. The first night, it was terrible! Travelocity advertised the rooms as new rooms overlooking the marina. When we got there it wasn't the new section but the refurbished. The room was small and cramped with 2 queen size beds. There was no vent blower in the bathroom except for a tiny window near the ceiling. My wife hated that since she had to follow right after my using the restroom. Guys you know what I mean. And did I say it was a small room? The refurbished room was noisy because of the wood structure, and wooden hallway. We were on the bottom floor so we can hear our upstairs neighbor with toddlers who kept running back and forth, and playing with the noisy, banging cabinets. Our room sounded like a bowling alley. The walls were not very sound proof. We slept terribly. Everytime someone upstairs had to go to the bathroom we can hear their footsteps. Even very late at night we were awoken because of the footsteps. The next morning we complained and told them we were checking out to another hotel (a brand name hotel). We also told them that when we booked the rooms it stated "new" rooms. We showed them the print out from Travelocity. So she said no problem she can give us the new section rooms overlooking the bay. The new section is really nice, roomy, quite and wonderful view of the bay. It's made out of cement and had an escalator. The beds weren't all what i've read in TripAdvisor. It was clean but average. By the way, the newly refurbished room we originally booked overlooking the marina was actually overlooking the parking lot which overlooks the marina. If an SUV parked in front of your room on the first floor, then you'll be overlooking the SUV. All the rooms use a pull-out cabinet that has a spring like action when pushed back-in makes a banging noise. So at one point, we heard our neighbors from upstairs, downstairs, left side, right side all opening and closing their cabinets. The sound proofing was not up to par. Parking is free and the location between LaJolla, Old Town, and other tour sites is great because it's situated mid way of these sites. The Firefly restaurant was above average, except for their $6.50 dry chocolate cake. I think it came from a Safeway or Albertson. My wife and I shared the "paella" which was excellent. Probably one of the best. (We're from San Francisco, CA) My daughter ordered cheese pizza shaped like a fish from the kids menu. She said it was the best pizza ever. If you like Mexican food make sure to go to Old Town. You can also visit the first Mission built in the area -Mission San Diego . In the future, I will put more weight on how many stars the hotel is rated instead of the reviews. The Dana is a 2 star Inn. I guess reviews are all relative to ones expectations. If your staying at the Dana, make sure to stay in the newly built section. If you don't, I think you'll be disappointed. One more thing, we we're told by a nice fellow from a rental car to check on-line for great discounts, before renting cars. We rented a compact car for $31.99 per day, The Dana was renting it for $39 per day thru the same car rental. But we were told afterwards by the person in the rental place to check on-line. We could have gotten the special for $24 per day (all unlimited mileage).

Stayed: February 2007
10  Thank ryan360guy
Reviewed 3 February 2007

The people at this hotel were friendly and very helpful. We stayed on the Bay View Side..I believe it's known as the Waters Edge building. This is a newer building and faced the Bay and the Marina. The view was spectacular and we had our own balcony here. The room was clean and neat and by getting a king size bed we were on the third floor so it was quiet. I walked 2 miles max to the beach- took about 15 minutes. The location is great and easy to get to everything. The pool and spa are nice and the deal we got included a Free Breakfast each morning at the Blue Pearl. So we actually got eggs, pancakes or french toast included in the price of the room. The Firefly was a nice little restaurant if you don't want to leave the property. I would definitely come back and stay here again!

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank debblabs
Reviewed 21 January 2007

We had an awesome stay here.....we booked for 4 nights and did the whole Sea world/ Zoo trip. My kids loved the whole experience

Our check in was delayed and a bit slow but the staff was very courteous the entire time. We traveled with several other family members so I was able to see all types of the rooms. If you can afford it you are WAY BETTER OFF staying at the new section. The view is great and we booked a bottom floor room with 2 beds and a sofa bed. We have 3 small boys under the age of 5 so the newer section was a lot nicer due to the larger room and each has its own balcony. I selected the bottom floor because the patio had a small gate around it with its own private gate to exit your room onto the marina side. This afforded me extra peace of mind that my 3 year old would not push a chair to the rail and jump over the private balcony. My husband also had a bungee cord in the car and we just tied that around the latch of the patio gate which kept my little ones safe inside our room area.

The service at the Dana is excellent...I felt like royalty because any time I called the front desk or room service ...they addressed me as Ms. Hunt before I even identified myself. The only problem I did encounter was when the crib I requested came the man set it up in a flash and once he left I saw a jagged broken wood spoke that would have surely caused loss of an eye or worse...when I called they rushed over a playpen instead...which wasnt as good as a crib...but my baby seemed fine once I used our own bedding. ALSO THE ROOMS NEED MORE LIGHTING...VERY DARK. But newer nonetheless. THE DANA NEEDS TO CHECK UP ON THEIR MAID SERVICE...SHE COULD HAVE DONE A WAY BETTER JOB AT TIDYING UP.

The restaraunt food was very good at the Blue Pearl....perfect for families trekking off to Sea World...they even have an aquarium with all the Nemo fish inside it that my boys flipped out over. BE SURE TO CHECK FOR OTHER RATE PACKAGES ON THIS SITE THAT OFFER THE BED AND BREAKFAST SPECIAL.. wE ORIGINALLY booked thru the hotel site ...then I noticed a better rate with breakfast at the restaraunt included at the same price...I emailed Becky at the hotel ..she was awesome and she granted us the same rate with breakfasts included. The portions were HUGE and we just spit it with our younger kids with plenty to spare.

WE spent $199 a night with 2 breakfast passes each morning thru the hotel...it was a great stay! If you need another hotel choice to consider...I was looking into the Bahia...I saw it across the bay from our patio room and it looked really nice on the beach room side. Also they have a fun looking old fasioned ferry boat that cruises the bay every night thru that hotel...we enjoyed watching it from our room and could hear all the disco music and lights going as it paddled by..we wished we were on that dancing and having a cocktail but had too many kids with us :)

Stayed: January 2007
3  Thank My3sonsMom
Reviewed 21 January 2007

I loved this hotel. I have really nothing negative to say about this hotel. The staff was above average, always willing to help you and make you feel comfortable. Our room was great. Had everything we need, very good bed, very clean, many extra's and a good view on the marina. The pool was also good. There is a jacuzzi. And there is a towel service at the pool. And a lunch ordering service.

The Firefly is one of the two restaurants at the hotel. It's a trendy restaurant and the food was above average!

The hotel is close to Sea Word. A free bus is going to and from Sea World a couple of times a day.

• Stayed: October 2006, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
5  Thank Nelleke
Reviewed 8 January 2007

We stayed for 4 days over New Year. The hotel has a great location if you want to be near the sea but don't expect to walk to anywhere else from here it is isolated. The hotel has two sides to it. The newer section where we stayed was new, clean with nice views. The rest looked somewhat wornout from the outside. The breakfast at the Blue pearl was a standard affair. Don't bother with dinner there. The whole place has the feel of somewhere that desperatly wants to be 4 or 5 star but can't quite make it. Rather overpriced for what really amounts to a good motel in a nice location.

Stayed: January 2007