“Value for money”

Ranked #220 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Hillarys, Australia
“Value for money”
Reviewed 3 February 2012

Hotel is old but for $67 a night for 5 people it is good value. Rooms are on the small side and a bit of a squeaze for 5 people. The first room we got the AC was not working but staff where friendly and shifted us to a better room. Great restuarants and supermarkets near by and close to Seaworld and short drive to Legoland, Zoo and San Diego. Plenty of free parking.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 21 January 2012

Stayed in the beautiful city of San Diego in October 2011 Loved the city and the people. Being from Canada the weather was great for us. The locals had jackets on. I was fine with a light hoody at night. Old town was by far the best for us. As a couple in our late 30's we did not hit up all the amusement parks. We did go to sea world tip look to see if your hotel has deals it's cheaper that way. Our hotel was nice enough. Our room was a king suite but I found it dark and quite far from down town. Rent a car if you stay in this area. This hotel was close to sea world and is perfect for families too far from the night life for me.

We had a little issue getting home with westjet and the hotel they booked us in was way better location to the things we like.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevator and on a higher floor.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank happy_mexico
Santa Rosa, CA
Reviewed 4 January 2012

I always read reviews before I travel. I saw quite a few negative reviews, but I thought I would give it a shot as the rates were excellent. I called the morning of my arrival as I was going to get in late. They didn't have the room I booked, but they quickly fixed the issue and I got the room I requested. When we arrived at 10:30 p.m. the front office staff was quick and efficient. The room, however, was a disappointment. When they call it a suite, it is not like other hotels. There was a half wall in the room separating the king bed from the bunk beds for the kids. The sink looked like it had small pieces of hair in it. I wiped it out and in the morning I heard the gurgle and sure enough it backed up and left the stubble from the last person's shave in the sink (we had a room on the bottom floor). The walls were paper thin (that is why I travel with earplugs) and you could hear everything going on outside and right next to you. One morning after I showered and opened the curtain, I called my husband because there was a bug on the floor (I don't do well with bugs) and it just happened to be a roach. It was the only one I saw - and believe me I was looking. On the plus side it was only $67 a night and there were no bed bugs. However, next time I think I will spend a bit more to get a bit more.

Room Tip: Try to get a top floor room so you don't hear the people above you.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank TulaKitty
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 4 January 2012

We stayed for 2 nights at this hotel near Sea World. The hotel is short drive to Sea World and other great San Diego locations. The neighborhood was nice and we found some very good restaurants within walking distance. We had a kids suite room, with bunk beds. The beds were all very comfortable and the room was a great size for the 4 of us. Our only complaint about this hotel was their parking spaces. The spaces are VERY narrow, making it hard to get in and out of your car and making it easy for door dings from the car next to you. We found some parking at another building of the hotel that wasn't as full as ours and where able to not park next to anyone.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
California
Reviewed 16 December 2011

And the ammenities are good. Two rooms, two televisions and a very convenient location.. However, I stayed on the bottom floor and could hear what sounded like a frat party going on upstairs for two nights. Plus the fans in the bathrooms need replacing, and I could hear the fan from the room upstairs. So, you may want to ask for a room on the top floor. Other than that, a great value for the money.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Good Nite Inn near SeaWorld
#93 of 278 in San Diego
Mission Valley / Hotel Circle
Comfort Inn & Suites Zoo / SeaWorld Area

Been to Wyndham Garden San Diego near SeaWorld? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Wyndham Garden San Diego near SeaWorld

Property: Wyndham Garden San Diego near SeaWorld
Address: 3737 Sports Arena Blvd, San Diego, CA 92110-5131 (Formerly Mission Plaza Hotel & Suites)
Region: United States > California > San Diego
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access Airport Transportation
Ranked #220 of 278 Hotels in San Diego
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): €€
Hotel Class:3 star — Wyndham Garden San Diego near SeaWorld 3*
Just one mile to SeaWorld, the hotel is located just minutes from San Diego's best attractions including SeaWorld San Diego, Mission Bay, Old Town, Downtown, Gaslamp Quarter and the world famous San Diego Zoo. Mission Beach, one of San Diego's most popular beaches, is located two miles away, and Mission Valley and Fashion Valley Malls are both within three miles. Popular restaurants and shops are within walking distance of the hotel. This San Diego hotel has one bedroom Junior Suites that will give you and your family the comfort you desire while you enjoy your San Diego vacation. Has special Kids Mini Suites, with a custom-designed bedroom for kids separated from a bedroom area for parents, are perfect for families with children. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Wyndham Garden San Diego near SeaWorld reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Wyndham Garden San Diego Near Seaworld Hotel San Diego