2 people have started booking this hotel
PricelineUS$259
Agoda.comUS$259
Trip.comUS$286
5,635 results
All reviews private beach mission bay belmont park rescued seals tangier bar julie deeb bay view studio roller coaster bay front tennis courts sea world great resort lounge chairs sea lions family vacation full kitchen la jolla
Selected filters
Reviewed 26 February 2021 via mobile

Our trip is upcoming (Spring Break - April). I wanted to give a shout out to OSCAR in Reservations. Honestly, the website was a bit misleading. We booked a King Suite directly via the resort’s website. The associated photos / description inferred a large suite with a king bed, 2 queens and a sofa bed. This was actually not the case. Eventually, I called the hotel and spoke to Isabel and then Oscar. Oscar was receptive to our needs and went over the top with kindness and eagerness to find just the right room at the best rate possible. Thank you, Oscar!! He’s a true ambassador of the Bahia Resort! I so appreciate good customer service! I’ll update the review after our stay.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Ryan Wilson, Marketing at Bahia Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 March 2021

Thank you for choosing the Bahia Resort Hotel! While we truly sorry to hear that the website seemed misleading, we are happy to hear that our reservations team was able to assist you over the phone. We are lucky to have such amazing team members that ensure each and every guest books the guest room that suits our guests best! Thank you again, and we are looking forward to hosting you in April!

Reviewed 26 February 2021 via mobile

I am a local resident of San Diego. I decided to have a little staycation in my own backyard. I couldn’t ask for a better property to stay at with the greatest staff. I wanted to extend my many thanks to Cynthia Cuevas & Brittany for being true professionals. I’ll be back soon because of a great experience you ladies showed me.

Date of stay: February 2021

Thank you for choosing the Bahia Resort Hotel! Nothing brings us great joy than reading reviews about excellent service. We know that Cynthia and Brittany will appreciate your recognition of their service. From all us here at the Bahia, thank you and see you again soon!

Reviewed 24 February 2021

The good: A quick trip across the parking lot and we were on the sand and beach of the bay, facing Belmont Park. A quick walk takes you to the restaurants and night life of Mission beach. We ate at the rooftop bar at Sandbar sports bar and had a fun evening walking the boardwalk and seeing the roller skaters, musicians, and dancers that evening. The cabanas are first come and first served which I love.. No extra cost. Beautiful lush tropical forest with water canals and ducks. All personnel were friendly and so helpful! Staff brought an extra lamp and pillows and coffee.
The not so good: We had a bungalow room facing the forest. It was so dark inside we had to have a flashlight to see the air cond. settings and remote for tv at night. Daytime was very dark, also. They were so helpful, coming to bring another lamp which helped. Would have loved a comfortable chair to watch the huge tv (a plus) in the room, but we did have a table and two chairs. We could hear people talking late at night and the other air conditioners going. Dogs are allowed and there was a big German shepherd that barked two doors down. When sitting on the cabana on the beach there was dog poop on the grass and when one person walked by with their dogs, 3 other small dogs off-leash ran out from the room behind us and scared the little dog the people were walking. This is people who don't follow rules, not particularly the resort's fault.
Overall: a beautiful place to relax and spend time at the beach. We didn't go in the pool, it was a little cool for that. Rooms are clean and well kept, just very dark. You couldn't ask for better service and the staff was so friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay again, just be sure I was away from any rooms having dogs. We ate at the Bahia Cafe for breakfast and it was good, but a little pricy. Jessica was awesome as our waitress and went above and beyond.

Room tip: Bay view rooms are right on the water
1  Thank Charlotte R

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us, Charlotte. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our resort's location, amenities and lush tropical grounds. Regarding the guest rooms, we have many different types on property including ones that have couches! We appreciate your feedback and look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Reviewed 23 February 2021 via mobile

The staff for reservations are pretty nice. The guy that helped me, his name was Oscar and he provided excellent service while I made my future reservation. He is very friendly, professional, and thoughtful when he helped me over the phone.

Date of stay: February 2021
Ryan Wilson, Marketing at Bahia Resort Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2021

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with your interaction with one of our most valued team members, Oscar. We know he will appreciate your recognition of his excellent service. We are looking forward to welcoming you to the Bahia Resort Hotel!

Reviewed 23 February 2021

I booked this room and a week later I found it for $200 less on a promotion. I called reservations and spoke with Oscar. He was great, while I was on the phone he price matched the promotion and credited my account.

Date of stay: February 2021

Thank you for choosing the Bahia Resort Hotel. We are happy to hear that Oscar was able to assist with changes to your room reservation. We know that he will appreciate your kind words. From all of us here at the Bahia, thank you and see you soon!