Lowest prices for your stay
Free cancellation until 30/04/21
Hotels.comUS$182
eDreamsUS$182
Trip.comUS$206
1,598 results
All reviews gaslamp district horton plaza valet parking within walking distance street noise the gas lamp district light sleeper homeless people bed was very comfortable location was perfect balboa park mini fridge fitness center earplugs hybrid trolley waterfront
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 August 2018

Kristina the Sales Manager was a pleasure to work with. Her and her staff accommodated all of our groups special requests, gave us great rooms on the same floor, and everyone in our group loved their rooms, the hotel, and the location being so close to Gas Lamp District. We enjoyed the customer service and hotel so much, we are already planning our next stay there!

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
bristol669, General Manager at The Bristol Hotel San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2018

Dear Joy,

Thank you so very much for your 5-star review!

We truly appreciate you having taken the time to review your recent stay with us, and we love hearing that our team helped to make your group's stay a good one.

Thank you for your kind comments about Kristina and our Front Desk staff! We will be sure to pass along the great feedback to our staff and they will really appreciate it.

We look forward to welcoming you all back again sometime soon!

Reviewed 24 August 2018

The people and the decor made this stay wonderful. I was in San Diego on business and my job finished much sooner than expected. Jervis was very helpful in accommodating my reservation changes. The one downfall was the bed, far too soft for my comfort. I was glad for all the pillows so I could position for a better night's sleep. I think the walls were a bit thin too, I could hear my neighbor on the telephone but they provide ear plugs so it was not an issue. Other than that, it was a great stay! Love the decor, very modern and fun!

Room tip: Room 801, no view except of the wall of the neighboring building.
2  Thank LindaInSacto

Dear Linda,

Thank you very much for your recent stay and for taking the time to provide this review! We love seeing that you enjoyed your experience here at the Bristol. We are sorry to hear the beds were too soft for you and are glad you weren't too bothered by the neighboring room's noise. We truly hope that, other than the items noted in your review, you had a good overall stay with us, and we certainly hope to have the opportunity of welcoming you back again sometime soon!

Reviewed 22 August 2018

The staff made me feel welcomed! The bed was so comfortable and the décor was outstanding. Although , I didn't have a dog , they had dog bowls at the front for the four legged family. Even though it was noisy, the hotel provided ear buds so if the noise interrupted your sleep you would have an option. It is a great location near gas lamp so it a great location to walk around to grab a bit to eat.

Room tip: Ask for corner suite , which was large and sunny
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
bristol669, General Manager at The Bristol Hotel San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2018

HI Valerie! Thank you so much for your recent stay and for taking the time to provide this 5-star review! We sure appreciate your comments and feedback. It's great to know that our staff made you feel welcome, and we love knowing that you found your guest room to be comfortable and that you liked our new look!

We hope you will make the Bristol your downtown boutique hotel of choice whenever your travel plans should bring you back our way again.

Reviewed 17 August 2018

I stayed at The Bristol Hotel earlier this week for a convention and absolutely loved my room! It was very spacious and my bed was super comfy. They have a continental breakfast with lots of great choices, seemed like a full breakfast to me! I also really like their location which is within walking distance of the GasLamp District... tons of restaurants, bars and retail stores within walking distance. I would definitely stay here again!

• Trip type: Travelled on business
bristol669, General Manager at The Bristol Hotel San Diego, responded to this reviewResponded 20 August 2018

Dear Ms. Jones,

Thank you so very much for taking the time to provide this review! We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your newly renovated guest room and that you had a comfy stay with us. We are also so happy to see that you had a chance to give our new breakfast service a try, and are glad you liked it. We hope that you will consider making us your downtown boutique hotel of choice, and we look forward to welcoming you back again soon!

Reviewed 16 August 2018

I enjoyed staying at this hotel. The staff made for a pleasant stay. Noise from the street was a little disheartening, but hotel can't do much about that. Room was extremely clean and new. Hope lobby to be renovated soon, as that looks to be the last piece of the puzzle. Really enjoyed the experience.

Room tip: If you are in room 810 you have a slight view of harbor between the buildings.
  • Trip type: Travelled on business

Hi Kimberly! Thank you very much for your recent stay and for taking the time to provide this 4-star review! We are so glad you enjoyed your experience here at the Bristol and that you liked your newly renovated guest room. Hearing that you felt our staff made for a pleasant stay is music to our ears; thank you so much!

We hope your future travels will bring you back our way again sometime and we look forward to the opportunity of welcoming you back to the Bristol again soon.