“When in San Diego...”
Review of Civico 1845

Civico 1845
Reserve with OpenTable
Civico 1845 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #49 of 5,276 Restaurants in San Diego
Description: Civico 1845 features a new generation of Italian cuisine - fresh, light, authentic, and vegan. Experience flavors that are natural and pure.
Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

This place is a gem! We were only in San Diego for two days thus could only check out two spots for dinner. We visited Civico 1845 on our first night in SD and had one of the most splendid meals of our road trip.

For mains I had a beautiful clam, broccoli and garlic fettuccine. The pasta was perfectly cooked, the clams were sweet and salty, and the whole dish was balanced and well seasoned. My friend had the seafood linguine which was generously portioned with the "fruits of the sea" - namely shrimp, clams and mussels. It's nice to see a restaurant that is not miserly with seafood.

For desserts I had a chocolate cake with pistachio gelato. In a nutshell - it was divine. The cake was rich and the gelato was beautiful and not overly sweet as gelato can be. My friend had the tiramisu which was also well reviewed.

The place was very busy and I would recommend booking, if possible. The service was friendly and efficient but not overbearing - this is authentically Southern European table service and just how I like it.

Overall, although this place is by no means cheap, it is fairly priced. For the above described meal inc. complementary bread, two lovely glasses of Pinot Noir and service came to around $110. A fair price for an excellent meal.

Dario G, Owner at Civico 1845, responded to this reviewResponded 13 October 2017

Ciao Alex,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I'm very pleased that we "made the cut" for the two days you were in San Diego and even more pleased that you and your guest enjoyed both your meals and desserts! We look forward to welcoming you in again the next time you are in San Diego.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

I was greeted by an older gentleman who made me feel right at home. Bar seating is great for dining alone. Staff were both quick and attentive. I dined for lunch ordering the cheese plate (3 selections) and pappardelle pasta with short-rib bolognese sauce. The burrata is a must! Pasta was good but wished for a little more salt. Good portion size.

Dario G, Owner at Civico 1845, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2017

Ciao Sam,
Thank you for reviewing us on TripAdvisor! I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed your experience with us overall. If you decide to join us again but find that anything is less than extraordinary, please feel free to let us know. We are always more than happy to exchange your dish for something you will thoroughly enjoy. Have a great weekend!

Reviewed 11 October 2017 via mobile

We stopped in here for a business dinner while in San Diego and the food was amazing. I had the classic ravioli and it was fresh and light. Best ravioli I have ever eaten. My colleagues had eggplant parm, a seafood dish and a short rib dish. Everyone licked their plate clean. We decided to sit outside and we had a lovely view of the bay from our spot. We also got the appetizer special that was delicious. Highly recommend stopping here for a meal you will not be disappointed. Everything. Is fresh and homemade. It is a family owned place with recipes from Italy.

Ciao Angielynn7,

Wow - what a great review to read! Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. I'm very pleased that you and your guests enjoyed your meals with us and that you appreciate the authenticity we aim to provide to each guest. We look forward to welcoming you in again soon.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Decor is so nice and so is the food. Authentic Italian with amazing service! They only serve beer and wine and the prices are fair. The salmon is so fresh and they have an extensive vegan menu which is great.

Dario G, Owner at Civico 1845, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Ciao Danielle,

Thank you for taking the time to review us on TripAdvisor! I'm pleased to read that you enjoyed your experience with us and that our service was "amazing"! We work hard to offer an authentic experience with excellent service and I'm happy we accomplished during your experience. We look forward to welcoming you in again soon.

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Even without a reservation and the restaurant was full, they found room for the 2 of us within minutes. Nice Italian feeling and decor. The calamari and lobster ravioli were excellent. The pistachio gelato the best ever! The only problem was that they delivered our order to another table (they ended up getting our calamari order for free, but we did not.)

Ciao Ingrid,

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback on TripAdvisor - but, oh no! I am disappointed to read about your experience. While I'm happy to see that you enjoyed everything overall, I can only apologize that we did not compensate more for our mistake with the appetizer. We hope you decide to join us again as this is certainly not the norm for us and if anything is not to your liking, please let us know! Have a great rest of your week.